How many shaves from a

Getting five shaves from a mach3 was about the limit. Partly this was down the to the burn it gave me. I'd have to leave it a couple of days, by which time the cartridge would clog like nobody's business. My theory is that the clogging with stubble would then further irritate my face and tumbling would dull the edge of the blade. Seems like a really stupid idea to make a cartridge that clogs so easily.

So then given how quickly I'd cycle the cartridges I said to the wife "if you want me clean shaved I need to do it in a way that costs less money". So here I am. Spending about 10-12GBP/year on blades. I use a blade for no more than two days, I want a new edge each day I shave, and I can afford to do it this way.

I'll get off my soap box now.

About two weeks shaving Monday to Friday with a Mach 3. I could go longer, and often did because of the cost, but it would feel noticeably duller after that. I'll be honest, I never had an issue with the quality of shave I got with a Mach 3, it was the cost of blades that initially got me into DE. Of course I spend tons more on shaving now, but its enjoyable rather than a chore. But I reckon that if I went back to cartridges with what I've learned about prep, I'd get a very good shave.

Back
Top Bottom