How Long Does Your Fave A/S or Cologne Last ?

I was prompted to pose this thought after I tread the Prof Blighty's comment on how long he found the scent of a Penhaligon's product to last. Which is exactly the kind of thing I wonder when I buy an EDT or cologne Martin, so thankies M8). We've probably all got fave scents & aromas, many of which are shared preferences, so I was curious as to which scents you've bought and been well pleased or sadly disappointed with in the longevity stakes.

For me my two personal faves of TOBS Eton College & original Brut are both stayers. The TOBS seems to retain a keen zesty edge for hours, whilst the Brut "warms up" again if I'm physically active and errupts into fragrant life.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Tabac lasts an awfully long time. Well, I quite like it, so not awful in my case, but at any rate you're stuck with it all day. On the other hand, Taylor's St James, a real favourite, would be even better if it didn't fade so quickly.

JohnnyO said:
I was prompted to pose this thought after I tread the Prof Blighty's comment on how long he found the scent of a Penhaligon's product to last. Which is exactly the kind of thing I wonder when I buy an EDT or cologne Martin, so thankies M8). We've probably all got fave scents & aromas, many of which are shared preferences, so I was curious as to which scents you've bought and been well pleased or sadly disappointed with in the longevity stakes.

For me my two personal faves of TOBS Eton College & original Brut are both stayers. The TOBS seems to retain a keen zesty edge for hours, whilst the Brut "warms up" again if I'm physically active and errupts into fragrant life.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Conversely, I've found that Eton College is pretty fleeting. Whereas the Penhaligons Endymion which Professor Blighty didn't think lasts five minutes, tends to stay with me all day. I guess it's a case of scents react differently depending on who's wearing them.

I'm with Yellow Jim on this. ToBS after shave scents do not last long at all on me, whereas Endymion certainly tends to last longer than what Prof B described.

It's a rather personal (skin-dependent) thing, therefore whoever tells you that "...this fragrance or scent does/does not last long on me..." don't take his opinion for granted.

Having said that, there are indeed some particular fragrances (especially colognes, not after shaves) that admittedly last remarkably long to most users (e.g. Czech & Speake #88), and some others that last remarkably little (e.g. Creed).

Most colognes seem to last on my skin. Trumpers, Penhaligons, etc, seem to last from 7am, and tend to still be sniffable come 7pm. They scents do change through the day.

A/S wise, it's a different story. Tabac and Old Spice seems to have staying power equal to colognes, while some others fade within an hour or 2. Trumper's Limes, Williams Aqua Velva, D.R. Harris Pink all seem to be all but gone within an hour. Ogallala Bay Rum with Lime and Peppercorns lasts a an hour or 2, and Old Spice Whitewater and Blue Stratos stay to much later, but are weaker.

Ian

I find that Old Spice Fresh Lime lasts well especially as I wipe my hands over what would normally pass for hair on the side of my head after applying to my face.

I don't have cologne as yet only Trumpers samples, which do seem to last a bit longer. The Spanish Leather is very nice!

I think Yellow Jim is probably dead right when he says that different scents last different lengths on different people. When I said Endymion didn't last 5 minutes, I didn't literally mean just five minutes, it just seemed that I was always refreshing it throughout the day.

Tabac seems to last well on me, and others on here have said the same. Another stayer I like is Musgo Real's Oakmoss, and also T&H's Trafalgar. But to be honest apart from those, I expect any scent I wear to be gone after a few hours.

There were plenty of threads on here about longevity. If I remember then antdad did one which pretty much summed it up.

It's all to do with alcohol vs parfum levels.

Pure parfum lasts longer than eau de parfum, which lasts longer then eau de toilette, which lasts longer than eau de cologne, which lasts longer than aftershave.

Taylors' Sandalwood is still on the shirts after they've been through the wash.

Good job I love it 'coz it takes weeks to fade.

£30 for 50ml doesn't seem so bad when you consider that it lasts . . . and lasts . . . and lasts.

ive found that sharp, citrusy smells like CK one, ralph lauren safari, and insense ultramarine, tend to fade on me quickly.

the ones that last for me are the warm dark spicy and sweet fragrances:

-xeryus rouge
-endymion
-eau de baux
-elements aqua

these all stick around for a good portion of the day

Back
Top Bottom