How long can you last?

Gentlemen
Sorry for the misleading title! Having had a few days off, and recovering from a couple of particularly nasty in-growing hairs, (which were caused by shaving too close for about 8 days on the bounce), I haven't shaved for about 4 days. and..... I have a beard!.....Ok, I've said it, I have a beard. I'm not proud of it, but I'm coming out of the shaving closet. It is the longest I have gone without a shave for ages, this century certainly. I thought it would be all itchy and stuff but it's not. The main problem is it's quite grey. My wife isn't saying much about it, there lies the clue. It will be gone tomorrow on return to work. So! what's the opinion, does a few days off give the old fizzer a chance to recover, and is beneficial, or am I kidding myself and are only just a lazy slob?

Yours, resembling a pre-plastic surgery / Botox™ Kenny Rogers

PS
If I don't shave soon, She WILL pick a fine time to leave me, Loose heel or not.

Yeehaw!

It may give it a chance to recover, but underneath the skin is slowly becoming sensorily deprived so when you do shave it off... you have to "gan canny" so you don't irritate it unduly on first shot.

You'll also look 10 years younger (maybe more, depending on the quantity of greyness).

Yours

I. Lands-Inthestream esquire.

PS About 3 days. Beyond that SWMBO starts going weird about it and No.1 son pretends he doesn't recognise me.

I don't shave everyday, always leave a day, sometimes two (but all depends if i need to shave for a reason), i find it helps as
constant shaving can seem to upset my face slightly...

i have always been blessed in the hair dept, i used to have a beard, used to compliment me i think ?

867156-beard_super.jpg

Was thinking about being a bit canny HM. Went for a barber shave (Well that's what they called it turn of last year after leaving my face alone for a couple of days, result :oops: Not embarrassed, fekin pain! Mixture of bad technique single edge blade injector blade shavette thingy (blunt) and a wee lassie that was shocked and a bit scared about my beard's grain. In the end she said " Best stop eh? starting to look sore" :shock:

Was hoping my Blue tip would arrive, sounds like the ideal for a "Caw Canny Shave™ "

Cheers

sunburyboy93 said:
I don't shave everyday, always leave a day, sometimes two (but all depends if i need to shave for a reason), i find it helps as
constant shaving can seem to upset my face slightly...

i have always been blessed in the hair dept, i used to have a beard, used to compliment me i think ?

867156-beard_super.jpg

Aren't the Greeks famously hirsute?

I'm going to include the men!

I can only leave it 3 or 4 days between shaves before I have to get shot, however it makes for a very satisfying straight shave. Personally I find that if I leave it more than 48 hours between shaves there is a greater chance of irritation.

A couple of days is my limit, then I start getting annoyed by the beard. It gets all itchy irritating. The shave I have after this is a very satisfying one though so in some ways it's worth the wait.

I had a beard for a few years when I was in my 20s. Now I only leave it a day or two at most with the exception of camping trips. I don't shave when I'm camping but after a few days it scratches like crazy. I look forward to getting back home to enjoy a long hot shower and a long luxurious shave. Ahhhhhhhh. :)

3-4 days .. longer than that and i gets the irritations!
Trouble for me is i still have Psoriasis on my cheeks which comes up like blazes if it get irritated, and thats no fun at all..

i've actually had a 'tache with a trimmed goatee for the last few months

was going for the Dick Strawbridge look but in a fit of madness\sanity shaved it off 2 weeks ago

i'm actually enjoying having a full shave again

i can't shave every day, my face won't take it
so about every 3-4 does me fine

I've got quite slow beard growth, so I can happily have two days in a row without shaving. Any more than that and I get the itch - not the itch from the beard, but the itch to use my equipment.

General consensus, general mind!, is that leaving the beard a day or two gives a superior shave. True in my case, mind you I don't think my bosses will wear that one. ;)

I'm afraid I have fairly 'acceptable` beard after 4 days,

Regards

Back
Top Bottom