How in the hell do I have so many brushes?

When I came to traditional shaving I actually asked the question, "what do you guys that collect brushes see in them to want another?" as I rather thought brushes were the least interesting aspect of traditional shaving. I had one badger brush, which went in the bin when I bought a Kent Infinity Silvertex. I used that exclusively for well over a year before buying an Omega 98 ...

That must have been the gateway drug!

I have 55 brushes. Worse, I've actually had over 100! How in the hell did that happen?

I have 4, one I won’t ever use again (boar) two synths (omega Roma and yaqui) and a small synth (omega Roma)for travel, so 3 in reality, all I need

When I came to traditional shaving I actually asked the question, "what do you guys that collect brushes see in them to want another?" as I rather thought brushes were the least interesting aspect of traditional shaving. I had one badger brush, which went in the bin when I bought a Kent Infinity Silvertex. I used that exclusively for well over a year before buying an Omega 98 ...

I have 55 brushes. Worse, I've actually had over 100! How in the hell did that happen?

I agree, I also find brushes to be the least interesting part of the hobby. I don't have as many as some, but I've bought at least 30 over the years.

30? Crikey I have a problem!

I agree, I also find brushes to be the least interesting part of the hobby. I don't have as many as some, but I've bought at least 30 over the years.

30? Crikey I have a problem!

Turns out that was an underestimate! Probably at around 50 with a number I have given away. I think I have bought about 10 Omega boars in the last year or so.

Yes. I definitely have a problem!

Turns out that was an underestimate! Probably at around 50 with a number I have given away.
Yeah, I thought I had "only a few" but once they're all listed out ... erm, it's a lot.

A good number of mine are vintage re-knots, so I consider that recycle/reuse and so a socially & environmentally responsible thing to do. That offsets my collectors guilt.

I have 8 now and realistically that is 7 more than I'll ever need. I sold all my Badgers years ago, I just do not agree with them anymore, each to their own, I'm no Vegan warrior or owt. I had loads, not 100 though thats ridiculous, however I can understand how it happens.
I'll keep what I have now as even though they are all hand turned Artisan handles they aren't worth anything so no point trying to sell them on.

It's simple, really.
They are gremlins and you exposed them to water. ;)

I had lots of stuff but moved a lot on when I fell out of love with wet shaving last year and went back to the soulless Philips series 7000. In the few months I’ve been enjoying wet shaving again I’ve bought a cherry handled Semogue owners club and a Shavemac brush which is lovely but I messed up and it’s too small to be a regular performer. Occasionally still use my Trafalgar T3 and have my first brush I bought which is a Semogue 830 which is a shedder and doesn’t get used at all but I’m a silly old sentimental sod and won’t get rid. Got too many razors too and can’t bring myself to thin the herd. Wife thinks I’m mad so god only knows what some others on here’s better halves think. :unsure:

I've got about 7 or 8 brushes in my rotation (2 synth, 2 badger, the rest boar) plus I've got an unknown number of boars (25ish?) in a box, some of which I might as well give away as there's only one or 2 in there I am curious about. This hasn't stopped me from signing up for the Highlander TSR LE, but that's more about owning something that's custom and related to the forum than needing another brush. I'm kind of attached to most of the ones I use regularly. I'm not really looking to add to them after the forum special though. I have never been a 'collector' of anything until I landed up here and curiosity got the better of me.

It's easy done and I'm sure they breed at night!

Paul.

I have around 15 to 20. I actually went brushless for 9 months as I moved and couldn't locate my brushes.
Not everything has been unboxed as I am not planning on staying in the apartment I lease. I am currently back with my Sagrada Familia .

Back
Top Bottom