How do you mix and match your scents?

I don't really find this an issue.

Soaps and creams don't tend to leave any scent on me after the shave. Only aftershaves with a strong and lasting scent would cause a problem, in which case I would not bother with any edt or cologne.

Ian

Interesting topic

I find this interesting, to be honest.

Mixing or combining scents is challenging, but I believe you need to have a real sense and also aptitude in combining successfully different perfumes. To me, not everyone can do that with success (in the same sense that not all people have a 'creative' approach in decorating successfully their apartment/house or combine successfully various items in their day dress code, for example).

In addition, I heard sometime ago that there are no male or female scents or perfumes; as a result, one may mix/combine scents freely.

However, and under a general context, it is much more difficult done than said, at least for me.

For example, would you ever mix two different after shaves? And if yes, which would these be? You may say of course that "Why should I mix? Tabac AS or D.R. Harris AS (or whatever else) is fine as it is..." Sure, it is, but variety is the spice of life...

Try a Joe Malone store.

They will help you mix and match a scent. My wife got me into this and I must admit I enjoy when someone asks, usually a lady, "What's that lovely smell, never smelled that before". Not quite a bespoke fragrance, but hey!

Regards

Like you I try to keep them along the same lines, most AS and Balms fade pretty quickly so don’t clash.

Tabac being the only problem with regards to using the AS, its strength and longevity limit anything else cologne wise being used over the top of it.

rangers62 said:
Try a Joe Malone store.

They will help you mix and match a scent. My wife got me into this and I must admit I enjoy when someone asks, usually a lady, "What's that lovely smell, never smelled that before". Not quite a bespoke fragrance, but hey!

Regards

As close as you'll get without the extortionate pricetag

+1: Some of them Jo Malone scents are lovely!

My soap/creams are scented but my witch hazel dosn't really have much of a smell. My AS balm too, doesn't have much of a smell.

On the other hand, I could go for: Cyril Rose Cream, Thayers Witch Hazel/ROSE version + Some rose After shave (Penhaligons etc.) lol. Will try it one day.

One of the posters above said scents are not male or female. Not sure I agree but recently I was at a perfume store, on the way home from work. SWMBO rang and I told her I want her to try out this female perfume to see if she likes it...so I put the female scent on my palm. An hour later I was home and she liked it a lot.

Her brother came round in the evening for dinner and to watch the footy. Once the game ended, I dropped him to the station, and as he was about to get out, he goes "by the way, what aftershave are you wearing? It's unusual and very nice"

haha.

Back
Top Bottom