How do I know if my blade is blunt?

Another emotive subject! Personally after every shave I take the blade out, dry the razor and blade, before reassembling. If the blade is numbered then after two shaves I will flip it, if it's not numbered then it's pot luck how it goes back into the razor.

PeterFranks said:
Thanks. So generally speaking, after how many shaves do you actually dismantle the razor and turn the blade over?

Personally speaking, I don't.

Interesting you mention it though as I have wondered what the 1, 2 and 3, 4 on the other side of my Gillette Sharp Edges refer to :?

Thanks for the replys guys. It's back to basics in 2 days time for me then. My favourite cream with a new feather and take it from there.

Thanks again all!

PeterFranks said:
Thanks. So generally speaking, after how many shaves do you actually dismantle the razor and turn the blade over?
i dont turn the blade infact i try my best to make sure i keep it the same untill i bin it but each to there own! ;)

flip mine after every shave

the numbers are for the manufacturer, i think it's for QC to let them know if any of the tools in the line are not performing

hando said:
the numbers are for the manufacturer, i think it's for QC to let them know if any of the tools in the line are not performing

Yups this has come up before on various sites. The numbers are a control marking only.
On flipping the blade - I don't flip mine over, no point imho.. But each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom