Horrors/thrillers

Hello everyone,

I'm a sucker for a good horror or thriller film. I particularly enjoyed the original exorcist (partly atmosphere- at night in Kenya) and the shinning.
I am going to watch the conjuring today having heard great reviews and hoping that its good knowing the ridiculous cost of the cinema these days.

Anyone else able to suggest a good horror and or thriller movie?

The Grudge.

My son thinks he's a horror fan, into Zombies and stuff. He didn't watch it to the end.

The Walking Dead is a good TV series . . . just going into series 4.

Neill said:
Asian horror/thriller I've always found the best. If you don't mind sub titles the original version of The Ring. Old Boy is also a good film but I promise you you'll only watch it once.

Will check out old boy sounds interesting

joe mcclaine said:
The Grudge.

My son thinks he's a horror fan, into Zombies and stuff. He didn't watch it to the end.

The Walking Dead is a good TV series . . . just going into series 4.

I'm not to keen on the whole zombies thing, think its been over done. Will have a gander at the walking dead though, the grudge was quality

Neill said:
Asian horror/thriller I've always found the best. If you don't mind sub titles the original version of The Ring. Old Boy is also a good film but I promise you you'll only watch it once.

japanese horrors are absolutely mental, if you get the chance theres a film called the audition which is off the wall. its directed by takashi miike, and hes made some fantastic films.

isaiah53 said:
Neill said:

japanese horrors are absolutely mental, if you get the chance theres a film called the audition which is off the wall. its directed by takashi miike, and hes made some fantastic films.

Yeah, I've got it too. Went through a wee phase of Japanese horror.

Nishy said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a sucker for a good horror or thriller film. I particularly enjoyed the original exorcist

Being old can have it's advantages when it comes to remembering lots of things from over the years. Theoretically anyway. Yeah.

So back when that movie opened it was a huge deal. Nothing else quite like it when it came to building slowly and then BLAMMY! Pretty shocking stuff back in the day. It helped that the book was real good and the director did a good job. Plus you had Linda Blair in a lifetime role.

Now the major first run movies were only shown in a few theaters around Chicago and so the lines to see that flick were very loooong. I remember because I waited in one for quite a while.

Martin

I love horror films. The modern ones are pretty poor though. Can't beat the old classics like the exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The devil rides out and Don't look now.

NNathwani said:
I love horror films. The modern ones are pretty poor though. Can't beat the old classics like the exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The devil rides out and Don't look now.

What Hollywood puts out as horror seems to follow a predictable trends, there more shocking gore they put in the more they seem to think it will sell. Foreign language horror is generally better these days, Let the right one in is fantastic, as is the orphanage, directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Hollywood also seems to be running out of ideas as there are more and more remakes of these films and the Japanese horror.

dodgy said:
Nishy said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a sucker for a good horror or thriller film. I particularly enjoyed the original exorcist

Being old can have it's advantages when it comes to remembering lots of things from over the years. Theoretically anyway. Yeah.

So back when that movie opened it was a huge deal. Nothing else quite like it when it came to building slowly and then BLAMMY! Pretty shocking stuff back in the day. It helped that the book was real good and the director did a good job. Plus you had Linda Blair in a lifetime role.

Now the major first run movies were only shown in a few theaters around Chicago and so the lines to see that flick were very loooong. I remember because I waited in one for quite a while.

Martin

I watched the making and although it may be part marketing, it's amazing how during the making so many cast members passed away, heart attacks during the viewings and the set burning down! Also they used real satanic chants and ornaments which had to be excluded from future showings

RB73 said:
The Fog 1979
Halloween 1978
The Thing 1982
Salom's Lot 1979
Alien 1979
28 Days Later 2002
Dawn of The Dead 1978
Dog Soldiers 2002

The fog I found more satirical

Guys go and watch the conjuring its really good especially as its based on a true story currently sitting in my bed with a nappy, no sex jokes please

Back
Top Bottom