Home Made Shaving Soap

Hey,

I have been wet shaving for a number of years but this is my first venture into these shaving forums!

Basically looking for some advice.

I would like to start making my own shaving soap but dont know where to start!

Can anyone give me a 'recipe?'

Where is the best place to buy the ingredients.

Can I make the soap with everyday kitchen utensils?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the Forum,

while i doubt very much that people are going to give you their own Recipe for Shave Soap, you will get help and advice about making the Soap
i make Soap myself and it has taken me months to get a Recipe that works, and it has cost me alot of money in Ingredients and alot of time and effort in making and testing Recipes and taking Notes and also sending test samples.

First thing you will need to decide is what type of soap, i.e will you buy formulated Bases and then tweak them to make your own Recipe, or will you make the Soap from scratch.

There is a wealth of information on the Internet about soap making, so i would start looking at that, and maybe check some of the Soap Making Forums for advice too.

Steve :D

Welcome to TSR! From what I've seen this soap making business is a real labour of love. You're very unlikely to make much money out of it, I think most people do it for pleasure and satisfaction. So if you know that then go for it I say! You will get some advice here but I reckon you're going to have to trawl about the net and look in your local library first to just get the basics. There is a thread early on where soapalchemist (Sharon) is starting out on her shaving soap 'journey' and gets a lot of advice and feedback so worth searching that out. She was already an established soap maker then so was really just finding ways to adapt her recipe to suit wet-shavers. Anyway, good luck and let us know how you get on. I'm sure there will be many here willing to accept samples for feedback.

Back
Top Bottom