Hi

It is a very friendly place. Are you really an old washer woman? You don't get many of those these days? Luckily age and sex discrimination are strangers here, so you are most welcome!

Old Washer Woman said:
Hello, this seems a nice friendly place to talk about shaving.

Absolutely not! I don't know what you have heard, or from whom, but this is a miserable place that drains your will to live like blotting paper soaking up spilled ink. Get out while you can!!

Actually, you are correct and I'm lying. I thought it would be a different way to greet someone. Hello and welcome!

Ian

In prison, Toad gains the sympathy of the jailor's daughter, who helps him to escape. This involves disguising Toad as a washerwoman. Having escaped, Toad is without possessions and pursued by the police, but he shakes off his pursuers with the help of the driver of a steam train. Still disguised as a washerwoman, Toad comes across a horse-drawn boat. After lying about being a capable washerwoman to the owner of the boat, who offers him a lift in exchange for his laundry services, he gets into a fight with her, steals her horse and sells it to a traveller. He stops a passing car, which happens to be one he stole earlier. However, the owners don't recognize him in disguise, and give him a lift. Toad asks if he can drive, which of course quickly leads to an accident. He flees and by chance arrives at Rat's house. Toad hears from Rat that Toad Hall has been taken over by weasels, stoats and ferrets from the Wild Wood, despite attempts to protect and recover it by Mole and Badger. Although upset at the loss of his house, Toad realizes what good friends he has, and how badly he has behaved. Badger, Rat, Mole and Toad enter Toad Hall via a secret entrance and drive away the intruders. Toad makes up for his earlier wrongdoings by seeking out those he wronged and compensating them.

Back
Top Bottom