Hi

About 30 years ago, I went on a holiday for 2 weeks and forgot my Philips electric razor. So, off to a local chemist to buy some disposable razors (the horrible Bic things) and a can of foam. It was like a reenactment of Face Off. This was a short-term measure until I was reunited with my Philips.
After 2 weeks of perseverance and much blood loss, I liked the closeness of the wet shave. A few years later the Mach 3 was released so I thought I would give it another go. That was it, no more electric shaves for me.
Moving forward, about 6 years ago, my son started using a DE razor instead of the multi-blade disposable, I took an interest as to why he would do this. Due to my interest in the DE my Grandkids bought me a Merkur 34C for my 60th birthday. It took a bit of getting used to, and quite a few sample packs of blades to find something that worked for me.
Now, the thread on my Merkur 34C has corroded so the head only just stays secured, so, I'm looking for a Stainless Steel DE razor which, is what brought me to The Shaving Room.
I think I've narrowed my choice down to the Razorock Game Changer 76-P but getting this in the UK is proving harder than you could imagine.
I'd like to thank all the earlier contributors in the other threads, there's loads of useful information and advice. I've learned a lot which is changing my shaving routine and products. I will post more about this in another Forum.

Welcome to TSR. Italian Barber now ship to the UK again so it will be possible to buy the razor you are after. It’s under VAT charge threshold as well.

Hi jphelan81,
I looked at this as an option but my understanding is you don't pay import duty on anything over £135 but the threshold for VAT is £35 chargeable on goods and carriage (even if a gift).
That means the courier pays the VAT and then passes the cost on plus an admin charge.
I contacted Italian Barber to ask which courier they use so I can find out the cost of admin but they haven't replied.
Am I mistaken?

Hi jphelan81,
I looked at this as an option but my understanding is you don't pay import duty on anything over £135 but the threshold for VAT is £35 chargeable on goods and carriage (even if a gift).
That means the courier pays the VAT and then passes the cost on plus an admin charge.
I contacted Italian Barber to ask which courier they use so I can find out the cost of admin but they haven't replied.
Am I mistaken?
Oh I’m unsure, as Italian Barber haven’t delivered to UK in a few years I’ve not bought directly. Anything else I’ve ever purchased under £135 I’ve never been charged for before though.

Back
Top Bottom