Hi there

G

Evenin all, thought I'd introduce maself. Been lurkin around unrgistered for a little while picking up tips after years of triple bladed neck mincin so retro thanks for the tips I've had, will obv continue to learn as I'm only 4 or 5 shaves into my new (definitely improved) way of doin things. Been having a lazy evenin rounded off with best shave so far while soakin in the bath, highly recommended, I'm too old for this goin out getting pished an eatin kebabs rubbish ;)

Technique gettin better an tonight I actually managed to get a decent lather goin (yay me) :shave . Will ask for a lil bit of advice, anno the consensus is keep with the same kit to get used to things but altho I'm likin the shave I'm gettin, razor handle's feelin a bit small in ma big old paws (aluminium handled tech) so any recommendations for a similar shave but more grip gratefully received.

Anyhoo, hi all an I'll continue lurkin round the edges, cheers, Wayne.

The Merkur 23C is a long handled beauty. Super for the bigger hands, same size head as the famous 34C, but sized for those with shovels as arm ends.

Welcome by the way. :)

Hi Wayne and welcome to TSR :)
My only experience of large razors is with my Merkur 38c, a long handled, heavy piece of kit and one that's a pleasure to shave with.
Im sure you'll get plenty more recommendations though and eventually find one that works for you.
regards, beejay

Welcome, can't go wrong with with the EJ 89L, it has a substantial handle.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

Hi & welcome to TSR Wayne. As suggested, a Gillette "Blue Star" TTO may originally have been marketed with ladies in mind, but it's just a light, long handled mild razor and they do sometimes come up on the market. The Parker range are also worth having a look at if you prefer something lighter than the Merkur, although I've heard anecdotally of possible quality control issues with the TTO models.
Have fun.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Hiya Wayne, welcome to the madhouse :p

Wool said:
Anyhoo, hi all an I'll continue lurkin round the edges, cheers, Wayne.

Why lurk around the edges? its more fun to jump in the deepend :shave just remember the armbands

Thanks to all for a warm welcome :D and for the razor suggestions. Vintage Gillette things do appeal to the hoarder of old things in me (too much 60's / 70's hi-fi gear and a shelf full of rangefinder cameras vouches for my collectin bug), guess I picked the wrong way to shave if I wanted to curb my habits :roll:

Hadn't thought about a ladies razor I must admit although no qualms about it, if I ever have a crisis of confidence I can spray it black an say it's got a ninja throwin star themed handle. Off to trawl t'internet for a ninja smiley, girly shavin gear an some black car paint. Tally ho.

Back
Top Bottom