hi newbie from kent

I started looking for a better sharpning stone for our kitchen knives an some how read about razors an ended up buying a NOS "STIZ" (СТИЗ) 1971 - Rare Vintage Soviet USSR Straight Razor in Original Box an now i need a set of stones for that .
I have just turned 50 an thought about time i started shaving as i have always just gone over my hair an beard with my

Welcome from another straight razor enthusiast of a similar vintage! Those in the know think highly of those Russian razors, especially the pre 70s ones. Did you get it off that Ukrainian fellow on a well known auction site? I've been looking at them too. Very good steel if a bit of work to hone. Enjoy it, and the banter here.

Welcome from another straight razor enthusiast of a similar vintage! Those in the know think highly of those Russian razors, especially the pre 70s ones. Did you get it off that Ukrainian fellow on a well known auction site? I've been looking at them too. Very good steel if a bit of work to hone. Enjoy it, and the banter here.
im no expert but after i had purchased it i looked in to them a bit an found pre 70s are very good post 70s were even better once you managed to hone them but the first honeing will be very slow process due to harder metal an may be recycled armour plating ?(well that was how i interpreted what i read)
It has just turned up 1/2 hr ago the blade was very well greased once wiped off it will shave my arm with 3 passes i was expecting it to be blunt like a rounded edge ,i was thinking i will have to wait till i get some stones but im thinking of having a go with a paddle strop that i have and green or white polish bar from my buffer .
yes it did come from the bay the seller was aleemell_66 he has some more

Back
Top Bottom