Hi Guys I have a little problem

Canuck said:
What an awesome bathroom. Nice slant you have there too. Welcome!

Thanks, it took most of last year to build but now am wet shaving I can enjoy it

IMG_1368-1.jpg

Bemused said:
[

So my problem is whats next on the agenda to keep those little fellows company?
I had been giving some consideration to a Merkur 1904 but may have spoiled that yesterday by blagging a Futur from your very own BST room, now I have every suspicion that I may not get on with the Futur but its just some were I have visit so please bear with me.
But the Futur followed by a 1904 would lead to three Merkurs in my collection of five. I discount the straight as I only use it to tidy up the fiddly bits on the special day shaves.

Tony

Since you just bought a Futur, I'm guessing you wanted something very different than what you already have. First of all though, don't worry if it's not a good fit, since those things sell quickly here. If you're lucky, you may even get 30 cents on the buck! Nah, I'm teasing.....you'll easily sell it for about what you paid for the thing.

Anyway, what's your favorite DE of those pictured? Which one gives you the best overall shave as far as comfort and how closely it works. That might be good to know as far as suggesting the next addition to your shaving arsenal. Hell, you already decided on the Futur, which I understand is a different animal than most other DE models. I sorta doubt it's gonna shave like the various other designs out there. Some people love em, but i can't tell you anything from personal experience.

How long you been using a DE razor? If it's less than a month, you're making things really hard on yourself. Those razors take some technique tweaking, because they don't all shave the same. Trying to constantly adjust the angle and pressure is too tough for someone new to this type of shaving. The main thing when starting out is to stick with the same razor for a while, otherwise it gets nuts.

Heh, I can recommend my favorite razor(s) to you, but it wouldn't mean much. You gotta try each of em yourself till you find a good fit. Might take a while or it might not......it's a trial and error sorta thing.

I look forward to hearing your opinion of the Futur,

Martin

Just knew there was something missing ............ Where are the Ever Ready SE, the Schick injector and the almost compulsory restored Rolls Razor ? Sourcing, ordering & awaiting delivery of those should get you through the next 72 hours or so.

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

dodgy said:
Since you just bought a Futur, I'm guessing you wanted something very different than what you already have. First of all though, don't worry if it's not a good fit, since those things sell quickly here. If you're lucky, you may even get 30 cents on the buck! Nah, I'm teasing.....you'll easily sell it for about what you paid for the thing.

Anyway, what's your favorite DE of those pictured? Which one gives you the best overall shave as far as comfort and how closely it works. That might be good to know as far as suggesting the next addition to your shaving arsenal. Hell, you already decided on the Futur, which I understand is a different animal than most other DE models. I sorta doubt it's gonna shave like the various other designs out there. Some people love em, but i can't tell you anything from personal experience.

How long you been using a DE razor? If it's less than a month, you're making things really hard on yourself. Those razors take some technique tweaking, because they don't all shave the same. Trying to constantly adjust the angle and pressure is too tough for someone new to this type of shaving. The main thing when starting out is to stick with the same razor for a while, otherwise it gets nuts.

Heh, I can recommend my favorite razor(s) to you, but it wouldn't mean much. You gotta try each of em yourself till you find a good fit. Might take a while or it might not......it's a trial and error sorta thing.

I look forward to hearing your opinion of the Futur,

Martin

Hi Martin,
Been using DEs for quite a few months now the Edwin Jagger DE87 was the first and I have that down to a T, struggled at first as I found it small an slippery but love it now. I can get some real fast shaves if needed with the EJ. It has to be tops for comfort and has the best finish of the bunch.
The Gillette Slim is a H4 and I was born in H4 so that's a special tool to me also and I tend to use it opened up to number 9 and it gets a very very close shave but I have to be a little slower than with the EJ.
The Merkur 39C is a totally different experience, a big heavy weight in comparison to the others and have only used it four times but had four fantastic shaves, real close, real real close.
I now use all the razors with feathers and rotate the razors every three to four days along with the blade, this gives me some time to get accustomed to each tool and tracks my blade life in a more easy manner but I may slip in the EJ if shave time is short.
The Wild West straight is a cheapy, and used just for touch ups around my nose, too scary for a full on shave...
Expecting something completely different with the Futur.
Probably have the Futur Monday :)

Tony

JohnnyO said:
Just knew there was something missing ............ Where are the Ever Ready SE, the Schick injector and the almost compulsory restored Rolls Razor ? Sourcing, ordering & awaiting delivery of those should get you through the next 72 hours or so.

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

I do have a rolls up in the loft, not seen for many years and never used by myself.
Must dig it out.
The Ever Ready SE and Schick injector are new names only learnt a few days ago.
I must find out hat they are :)

Hello and welcome, nothing any where as impressive as your collection, but I was only introduced to real shaving in february

If you facy an Ever Ready SE, send me a PM i'm sure we can sort something out ;)

Evvaa said:
Hello and welcome, nothing any where as impressive as your collection, but I was only introduced to real shaving in february

If you facy an Ever Ready SE, send me a PM i'm sure we can sort something out ;)

Thanks for the offer but I need to find out what one is first :lol:

I do like your razor rack

Tony

Well it's not a problem more a condition.
And the great thing is that everyone here is potentially a therapist.
Take Dodgy. He's helps me a lot. Drops by with grapes and lucozade And signs me out weekends.
Sheeez (as he would say) it's just a hobby!!
That whAt he thinks.
I wear a tin foil hAt so no one can auto suggest me....
Oooooo what's that it's shiny....
Cheers
Slimbo.

Arrowhead said:
Hi Tony, welcome to "the most unpleasant shaving forum on the web" (Sunday Times). :D

You have the makings of a problem there; add a few dozen cut throats and you'll be up to speed.
Excuse my language but what a load of old arsegravy.

Hello Tony and welcome. On this "unpleasant" forum you'll find a group of chaps that will give you help, tips, advice and the occasional generous pifs. Not to mention some of our esteemed members that are creating some fantastic things to go in your collection.

If that's unpleasant, then I'll give away my collection and pick up a super duper electric thingy...no gentlemen that's not an offer.
:D
Oh and Tony? See if there's any builders on here so they can knock out that bathroom wall for you and build you an extension.

Welcome aboard Fella.

Alan.

Back
Top Bottom