Hi From Nottingham

J

Jasper1970

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are any other straight razor users in Notts from whom I can get some Information on Honing, stropping and suppliers of shaving accessories.
My wife has bought me a Dovo 'Black Star' straight razor and a strop for my birthday and although I have always been a 'wet' shaver, straight razors are all a bit new to me so any local suppliers, or barbers shops where I might get a few lessons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Jason

Welcome to TSR.

Perhaps you could be in touch with this gang who are based near you?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.badgerandhone.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.badgerandhone.com/</a><!-- m -->

Hi & very welcome Jasper, Fraid I haven't been in Nottingham since the early 60s (19 rather than 18) when I visited Agrati Sales & Service, St. Mark's St in connection with a record breaking Garelli m/cycle.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Welcome, I'm not sure about availability of lessons, most of us have just learnt through trial and error, watching vids, asking questions and taking it one step at a time.

First things first though, unless you've been told otherwise that razor is unlikely to be "shave ready" so don't shave with it yet.

Hi Jasper, welcome to TSR! :D Used to live in Nottingham but the closest I ever got to a razor was going to the Hairport for my haircuts. Don't think they know anything about straight razors but thought I'd get in a mention for a shop that was always very pleasant to visit. You've probably seen that there is a straight razor area to this forum and no doubt it will help you with any questions you might have.

Wow,

Great response, thanks guys.

Have had a good read on the straights forum (great threads Neil), doesn't seem quite as scarey now.

Might have to re-read the honig again though, that does sound a bit more complex.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jasper

Back
Top Bottom