Hi from Lanarkshire

Hi all

stumbled onto this forum after watching Mantic59 videos and trying to find out where to get thayers witch hazel. I'm new to DE shaving and found a lot of good info on the forum so thought i'd join.

Just got myself a merkur 34c HD used it with merkur blade with so so results for 5 days (probably poor technique) now have an Astra Superior Platinum in it which seems a bit more forgiving so far.

John

Hi & very welcome Edcaps. I've never had much success with Merkur blades myself, although they have their fans. If you want to try a couple of other blades drop me a PM & I'll post you on a few samples. I'm not that far away from you in sunny Dumbarton (The heart of a region).

JohnnyO. \ :D

Edcaps said:
Hi all

stumbled onto this forum after watching Mantic59 videos and trying to find out where to get thayers witch hazel. I'm new to DE shaving and found a lot of good info on the forum so thought i'd join.

Just got myself a merkur 34c HD used it with merkur blade with so so results for 5 days (probably poor technique) now have an Astra Superior Platinum in it which seems a bit more forgiving so far.

John

Hi there,

I started out using a Merkur blade and my suggestion is to continue with that brand for a few weeks. Make sure not to switch razors either during that time. After a couple of weeks try another blade in that same razor. I'd bet you'll find some difference between the two, and from then on it's a matter of comparisons of previous blades.

During that first two weeks you'll have been refining your DE technique and forming a base for future comparisons. It can take a while to find the right blade, and you need to try em yourself.

Good luck on your slide down the bottomless badger burrow,

Martin

dodgy said:
Edcaps said:
Hi all

John

Hi there,

I started out using a Merkur blade and my suggestion is to continue with that brand for a few weeks. Make sure not to switch razors either during that time. After a couple of weeks try another blade in that same razor. I'd bet you'll find some difference between the two, and from then on it's a matter of comparisons of previous blades.

During that first two weeks you'll have been refining your DE technique and forming a base for future comparisons. It can take a while to find the right blade, and you need to try em yourself.

Good luck on your slide down the bottomless badger burrow,

Martin

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Martin, thanks for the advice. I only got the 1 merkur blade and 10 Astra's as part of a starter kit. Will stick with the astra's for a few weeks and certainly won't get a new razor at the moment although no doubt at some point I'll be adding to my kit, bit annoyed I've wasted more than 20 years using elecrtics and multi-blades with very poor results, rash, ingrowing hairs and spots!!!

rangers62 I'm in Motherwell

Back
Top Bottom