Hi from Bristol (by means of Swansea)

Hi

good to find a UK based forum, been browsing B&B for a while, but it's very american over there isn't it !!

Always hated shaving, started with electric longer ago than i want to admit, then gone through all the usual modern stuff, then electric again, then back to modern stuff, always changing, trying to make a shave less of a chore.

Bought a brush and soap and went through a phase of using that, but still, shaving was still a chore.

Until, just before xmas, wasting time on t'internet, came across a few articles on 'old-fashioned' DE razors and blades. Just the thought took me back to watching my grandfather shave and the memory of this out of reach tool lying on the shelf. So . . . on ebay, found a merkur 1904 closed comb for £13, reasonable price i thought, and wow, that first shave was amazing - pleasurable, the sound of it was the most striking, love that noise!! lol

Now, though, it's only been 3 months and already have 4 more razors, it's deadly lol.

cheers!

Pig Cat said:
Hi davnig, welcome to TSR! I lived in Bristol and still visit. It's a nice city as they go. :D

aye, it's not a bad place to be, but is merely a staging post on our 25 yr journey to return to Wales from across the country.

Back
Top Bottom