hi all

hi guys am looking for some help on really good soaps that lather up well.i have been reading threw the sight and see a lot of the members have been using soap made bye some one or company called (nanny ) could use point me in the right way as to were i get this big thanks in advance :shave :shave

Yes, try some of Nanny's soap. Also if you haven't already tried it Palmolive lathers as well as the best of them and for only 50p a stick. Try that too then try some more...

hunnymonster said:
The memberess known as soapalchemist is your lady... Her shop is over at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nannyssillysoap.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

You may have just invented a new word....contact the lexicographers now, so that you can be accredited!!!!

Oh, and Tazzbaby, watch out for these guys; your entire savings will soon disappear, not to mention all your spending money, and you will become the bloke who says to his ever diminishing group of friends 'No, I can't go out on Friday night, I've spent the money on a new razor.'

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!! :lol:

Yes and no. E-bay can be a bit of a pot luck at times.
Photos can be misleading, Descriptions are often way off base. .. You have to use your eye and a bit of experience.
A lot of gunky caked up razors can be returned to a nearly new shine just by application of a bit of a soak in white vinegar / bathroom mousse / scrub or a blast in an ultrasonic.
Others may be completely brassed under the gunk and in need of a good replating... Others may have bent bars , missing teeth, jammed TTO ..
Its so hard to tell.

Just never pay over the odds for something you cant get a very good look at or easily spot its heritage - Gillette Aristocrats go for silly money thesedays so many folks go about labeling anything that looks even vaguely razor like as a 'rare Gillette aristocrat' - Know your razors and look it up if your not sure. - Blury, unclear photo's - get them to send you a proper look at the head and barrel (ive had numerous Techs with split barrels)
Honestly tho, your best bet is to get yourself down to and local Antique dealers / car boots / collectors fairs and have a good root around - especially in bits boxes - you can find some absolute screamers for bus fare prices. Not to mention - you can see exactly what your getting.

Re: hi ATTERO

hi there m8 thanks for the great advice and good ears am glad i joined this sight tones of great folk here willing to help and point us newbies in the right way once again a big THANKS :)

Back
Top Bottom