Hi all!

Been looking at shaving sites the last few days, and decided to take the plunge with a DE razor.

I've always wet shaved and have used what I now see is termed the dreaded 'cartridge' razor....Mach 3.

However have decided to give a more thoughtful and pleasurable experience a go. Nothing fancy to begin with, I nipped into Boots and got their cheap DE Safety razor along with a men-U brush and shaving creme sample. Have also ordered some creme samples and a/s online. If it all goes to plan then it should be the start of a great exploration of creams and balms and scents and razors. If it fails then I'll have to nip back to the mach 3!!!!! I'll more than likely stick with the new found creams, balms, scents and brush as I've always been a sucker for that kind of stuff anyway. But perhaps not the extent of proper gentlemans gear that seems to be about, more the mainstream commercial a/s and balms.

My shave has always been about speed and getting done as quickly as possible so now I hope to turn it into an event! I always remember my Dad doing his shaving in the kitchen using hot water from the kettle in a cup and really doing a great job with what I think was a DE razor. Always careful, proper grooming.

Might have to keep the mach 3 for convenience when travelling and also because I shave my head!!!! We will see.

Anyway just thought I'd say hello and I love reading all the stuff you guys have written on the site. Some great info on here.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the site.

Just recently joined as well and everyone has been helpful and informative.

BTW Tesco are selling the new Gillette Proglide on a special for £5.00. What a waste of well earned cash that will be :mrgreen:

Welcome, Jack. Whether you pursue the DE shaving, revert to the cartridge, or throw caution to the wind and take up with the cut throat gang, upgrading your soaps, creams and aftershaves should give you a good deal of pleasure. :shave

Welcome aboard, Jack! :) I, too am new to wetshaving with a double edge razor. I must say that I cut myself a few times when I first started. But since then I've improved a lot and explored lots of different soaps and scents.

Enjoy!

:)

Back
Top Bottom