Hey there

Great forum. Nicer to have something closer to home as well, no offense to our friends over the pond!!

Been DE shaving for about 2-3months now, using HD and Derby's. Still a bit of neck irritation sometimes. Going to try feathers soon.
Also told a superspeed might be a less aggressive razor to try. Arent there a few types? Which one should I go for first?
Sorry for all the questions in the first post.

Welcome JaseB,

I found that "mapping" the direction of the beard growth, a featherlite touch and no shaving against the grain (atg) should improve things for you.
Be wary of making too many changes too often, it'll take time.

Hello Jase, and welcome.

Like you, I started with (over a month ago) and still use a Merkur HD. And like you, my neck area gives me a bit of gip (or should that be jip?). I used Derbys to begin with, but found them quite rough, to be honest. Whether it was bad technique, poor prep, lousy lather, whatever, I don't know. IPs were better; Feathers better still (the ones I currently use).

Anyway. Good to have you here.

Welcome Jase

that's an excellent razor to start with so i'd work on technique before getting anything else.
only WTG for now

Hello and welcome Jase. Tony (antdad) is right to emphasise technique over equipment in my opinion, in fact some people seem to get less irritation with an aggressive razor than a mild one. That said, a SS is a highly desirable item ....

Hello Jase and welcome.

Your beard type largely dictates which blades will work for you. I started with Derby blades, but when eventually got my technique sorted I started to experiment with different blades, and found that the Derby was one of the worst for me.

Good luck and enjoy.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom