Hey...BRUSH NERD's

According to Dr P on average there are 14 grammes of hair in a 21mm brush where there are 1000 hairs per gram.

According to my calculations a 28mm brush will have 25.65 g of hair, in other words nearly twice as much (83%)
which is why you need much more soap with these fat boys :geek:

I hope you found that as interesting as I did, it was a short diversion from counting how many brush hairs I have lost in a week. :ugeek:

antdad said:
According to Dr P on average there are 14 grammes of hair in a 21mm brush where there are 1000 hairs per gram.

According to my calculations a 28mm brush will have 25.65 g of hair, in other words nearly twice as much (83%)
which is why you need much more soap with these fat boys :geek:

I ope you found that as interesting as I did, it was a short diversion from counting how many brush hairs I have lost in a week. :ugeek:

A Kent BK 12= 21.331 hairs :shock:

antdad said:
A 32 mm diameter brush will have 32,560 hairs :shock: ...using (area)2 for calculations. :ugeek:

Of course, thank you, sir!

It's almost unbelievable a brush can contain so much hair. And I feel awful whenever a brush loses just one... :x

If that BK12 lost 2 hairs a day, every day for nearly 15 years it would have shed about a third of its hair which is basically what has happened to me.

There's a neat bit in the gospels where Jesus says that God loves us and cares for us and knows all about us: "even the number of hairs on your head" (Matt 10:30 + Luke 12:7)

I love that.

I also love my Simpson. But I love that more.

Genesis 41:14 shows the value of a good shave:

"So Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and he was quickly brought from the dungeon. When he had shaved and changed his clothes, he came before Pharaoh."

Very sensible: you get one chance to make a good first impression. Can't beat a good shave to start you day and then Pharaoh made him Prime Minister.

Moral of the story? Shave before all important meetings.

Back
Top Bottom