Heston Blue-Mental

antdad said:
Does preformed chicken slice wrapped in a turkey twizzler stuffed into a chicken nugget count?

Ummm is there really any point to these multi bird roasts other than the novelty factor?

Wouldn't you have to cook them for an age anyway in which case they'd end up fairly dry?

They certainly are a spectacle and would make a very memorable meal, but I agree that it would probably be better to cook each bird individually in the best manner for each bird. Hugh F-W did a very ambitious multi-bird roast recently which looked amazing. I tried to find a video of it. I typed in to Google "bird spit-roast" and it came up with some very unusual articles. :?

antdad said:
Does preformed chicken slice wrapped in a turkey twizzler stuffed into a chicken nugget count?

Ummm is there really any point to these multi bird roasts other than the novelty factor?

Wouldn't you have to cook them for an age anyway in which case they'd end up fairly dry?

That would be a po'boy. and there's nowt wrong with them...

They originate in Louisiana and are injected to saturation point with butter :hungrig :lol:

Here we go...

There was a forcemeat layer between each bird because - as pointed out with the venison - a lot of game meat is very lean and therefore can be dry when cooked. I can't remember the details but haggis, black pudding and minced pork belly featured in the forcemeat, and the pork fat added the moisture that was needed. I cooked it as if it was a joint of beef that I wanted "well done" (a heinous crime ordinarily, but I didn't want the inner partridge to be rare).

That was Christmas 2006, and I can still remember cackling like an eejit when I cut the bird open and found it was cooked perfectly. Tasted fantastic too, we were eating off it for a few days. But boning out the tiny birds was a faff, next time I did it I only boned out the chicken, for the others I just used the breast meat.

Attachments

• 308.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 73
  • 313.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 63
  • 310.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 63
Blimey...photographic evidence from Xmas 2006.

Good work fella...

I still like my twizzler in nugget in frozen Kiev or for a bit of surf 'n' turf I go for a fish finger + spam wrapped in bacon. :shock:

Organic spam AD?

Spam ran a recent spieght of ads on the TV here in the US not too long ago. It took me back to my childhood & young adult life. Not only eating it but the comedy skits that were made about it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom