Henson Wins

Hmm, I've had Henson razors both the AL and Ti in ++ and +++ configurations and they are very good razors, however, for me, I sold them off because of weight. They're just too light and I found myself compromising with extra pressure which is not a good thing. So while they are good shavers they just don't fit me in a tactile sense. Now if they were to make a SS or a brass version, I would be onboard in a heartbeat.
Cheers!

I've not used a Henson, but maybe given the fellow's comments about the Leaf ... which I rather read as his running favourite until he tried the Henson.

"Immediately impressed" ... yep ... and "I found the flared handle rather annoying to hold" ... yep! But it does remain my clear favourite from the modern razors that I've used and I'd actually say it's a shave I look forward to and gives me a big smile afterwards.

So, Henson? Hmmm ... maybe.

Maybe the fellow should have tried a Rocca instead of one of those cartridge razors with posh handles/names.

Calling the Twig/Thorn an "open comb" razor is a rather odd thing to say - I suspect that the author looked at the lather holes and thought that was what made an open comb.
Also calling the OneBlade super safe due to its "ideal guard thickness" make me question the author's terminology some more.

But in the end, it's the result that I found the most interesting and I do agree about the Twig's handle being a rather meh ergonomically.
Thanks for posting, @Bogeyman.

Hmm, I've had Henson razors both the AL and Ti in ++ and +++ configurations and they are very good razors, however, for me, I sold them off because of weight. They're just too light and I found myself compromising with extra pressure which is not a good thing. So while they are good shavers they just don't fit me in a tactile sense. Now if they were to make a SS or a brass version, I would be onboard in a heartbeat.
Cheers!
Have you had a chance to try the Yaqi Tile?
It's a rather interesting twist on the general design Henson uses, though there are some interesting differences.

Calling the Twig/Thorn an "open comb" razor is a rather odd thing to say - I suspect that the author looked at the lather holes and thought that was what made an open comb.
Also calling the OneBlade super safe due to its "ideal guard thickness" make me question the author's terminology some more.

But in the end, it's the result that I found the most interesting and I do agree about the Twig's handle being a rather meh ergonomically.
Thanks for posting, @Bogeyman.

Remember, the author/writer/reporter is not a safety razor user. but rather a neophyte. Hence, his opinions are different.

Can’t really fault the Henson, as it gives a close hassle-free shave every time. It’s ideal if you’re in a hurry or travelling a lot, as the chances of nicking yourself are almost nonexistent. They’re a bit overpriced these days, but having said that it’s difficult to think of another razor in the same price range that gives as good a shave. You get what you pay for. I wish they made a stainless steel version, which would give it a bit more heft, and maybe one day they will, but in the meantime it’ll always have a place in my den.

Back
Top Bottom