Helping a new convertee...

It may well seem presumptous for me to chip in here, but from what I've learnt, I get the idea that you can practically stab at your face with a multi blade cartridge, so I expect that is what he's in the bloody process of learning....don't stab at your face with a DE.

Yup, cartridge shaving is all about safety and reducing the risk of unsightly blood loss, even if that means much reduced efficacy. (Well, *really* it's all about money and the price of cartridges but that's another issue.)

Imagine children's plastic scissors that cost a pound and lasted less than week vs a good pair of German or Sheffield steel that just needed sharpening once a year.

Which would you rather use?

Now imagine you are the scissors maker and/or the HSE - now which one do you want people buying?!

Our Andy talks a lot of sense. Just like everyone here of course.

Rev-O said:
Now imagine you are the scissors maker and/or the HSE - now which one do you want people buying?!

My experience with HSE is that they actually can be quite reasonable. Most of the 'risk-free society' hoopla comes from Brussels (not that HSE doesn't have their pet peeves too...)

Henk