Helping a new convertee...

It may well seem presumptous for me to chip in here, but from what I've learnt, I get the idea that you can practically stab at your face with a multi blade cartridge, so I expect that is what he's in the bloody process of learning....don't stab at your face with a DE.

Yup, cartridge shaving is all about safety and reducing the risk of unsightly blood loss, even if that means much reduced efficacy. (Well, *really* it's all about money and the price of cartridges but that's another issue.)

Imagine children's plastic scissors that cost a pound and lasted less than week vs a good pair of German or Sheffield steel that just needed sharpening once a year.

Which would you rather use?

Now imagine you are the scissors maker and/or the HSE - now which one do you want people buying?!

andyjreid said:
Being relatively new to it myself I'd say go with Ollie, also, (my tuppence worth) Hot water............ Hot Water.......... HOT WATER....... you can never have enough.

Other tips would be, stick with the same hardware and software till you get the basics nailed then find whats best for you.

Lastly........ persevere.......... the pay off is worth it in the end.......... trust me.

Andy

P.S. I dont have extremely thick growth but I do have stubborn hairs and like Ollie, I too prefer to shave in the evening where possible and allow myself a good hour to relax while I shave. I have always found shaving a very relaxing experience however when I shave in the morning Im not as relaxed as in the evening once the day is through.

Our Andy talks a lot of sense. Just like everyone here of course.

Back
Top Bottom