Help with the profs formula 31 cream please.

Hi,

I need some help with this please, i just can't get it to lather properly.

I've tried the brush shaken out, slightly damp and even the dry brush technique that Martin suggested but i can't get any results.

The best i've had is with the dry brush method then adding a little water to the mix and it did produce what i class as good lather but it only made a small amount and was cold going onto my face.

Is there any trick i'm missing here and also i'm currently using a cheap synthetic :oops: brush whilst i wait the arrival of my EJ Badger brush could this be part of the problem>

Cheers

Phil

I use a fair dollop into the breach of quiet a dry Rooney. Then face lather, adding more water by degrees. This way I get a good lather, easily enough for at least 3 passes.There again, this is the method I invariably use with creams. As previously said, try more product.

Hi Cooky,

Just read your post!

First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies, I really hate to disappoint a customer.

This is what we're going to do, send me the cream back, it doesn't matter how much you have used from the tub, and I will replace it with a full tub (same scent), with another formula I have which has only come off the trials. This one will face lather beautifully I promise you, and it will bowl lather without having to be careful about the amount of water you use. In fact I am going to replace all new Formula 31 creams with this one.

So send the cream(s) back, and I'll replace them with the new stuff, no charge.

Best wishes always

Martin

pm sent to martin

and thanks to the rest i overloaded my brush last night and i got a lot lot better result from the cream than i had gotten close to before.

I have no idea whether the Glycerine Formula 31 I have is the old or new formula Prof, however it explodes into a really dense slick lather when face lathering, absolutely no probs. Although your advice re drier rather than wetter brush holds true.

JohnnyO. \ :D

That's good to know Johhny,

Most people seem fine with it, just one or two are having difficulties, and as I hate to disappoint any customer, I'm just trying to sort things out for them.

The new formula is not really a cream, but a soft soap you might say, and the lather is slick and thick...mmm, slick and thick, reminds me of an old girlfiend....drifts of to reminsce... :roll:

Having had a few problems with an initial tub of the profs formula 31 myself, he promptly sent me a replacement tub - this is much more of a soap than a cream -( not sure if its the harder glycerine soap? ), but I have no trouble getting lather from this soap.

I also tend to use a drier brush initially, and I face lather with no problems at all.
There are some soaps that are a must try, and I think the profs is one of them.

Cookyperm said:
Hi,

I need some help with this please, i just can't get it to lather properly.

I've tried the brush shaken out, slightly damp and even the dry brush technique that Martin suggested but i can't get any results.

The best i've had is with the dry brush method then adding a little water to the mix and it did produce what i class as good lather but it only made a small amount and was cold going onto my face.

Is there any trick i'm missing here and also i'm currently using a cheap synthetic :oops: brush whilst i wait the arrival of my EJ Badger brush could this be part of the problem>

Cheers

Phil

I find that the amount of water is crucial. Sometimes I manage to get it right and other times I don't. Its the same with bowl lathering.

Thankfully the situation became a lot better when i used a badger brush instead of the brush i had been using.

As a newbie i thought that the brush i got free with a tub of Bluebeards revenge would be good enough whilst i sorted out a razor/blades/creams-soap/balms etc.

And then eventually when i could i'd upgrade the brush.

But i now know and i can't stress this enough to any other newbies reading this. Get yourself a decent brush as quickly as you can.
The brush i bought isn't top ofthe range and only cost me £25 from the BST but it completely ramps the whole shaving experience up to another level.

Back
Top Bottom