help wanted please

G

what price would you pay for a good condition gillette flair tip rocket please
i would like to try 1 after reading some good reviews but i do'nt want to pay over the odds
thanks in advance dunc

All depends on condition, and what you're willing to pay. (and if it's boxed etc...)
I recently paid just over 20 quid for a nice boxed one for my collection.
Flare tip rockets cost a bit more than the superspeed variant, which are maybe easier to get hold of.

I do find build quility of the rockets better in most cases. (especially the HD), Shqve wise they're very similar.

If you want info on a particular auction, you can PM me a link, and I'll give you my opinion.
(and no, I won't outbid you!)

Max

Prices can fluctuate quite wildly.

If you see one advertised as a Flair Tip Rocket, you are going to be paying a fair market price because it has already been identified and it will stand out.

On the other hand, you will possibly pay a lot less for one that it is mis-identified (I bought one last week - it's in this weeks acquisitions thread), like my latest which was listed as an Ever-Ready Boxed razor ;)

My advice would be to look carefully at the pictures of generic Old Gillette Razor type listings for diamonds - you and everyone else mind! :?

The simple answer to your question though, personally speaking, would be about £18-£20 for a good shiny one as a decent price. Less for less so.

But I am slightly biased towards FTs :oops: ;) :D

Since I like to be as sure as I can be of what I'm getting & whom I can trust I'd probs pm a couple of our own guys Dunc, or put a razor wanted ad in BST. Looks like there's a consensus as to the rough amount you'll be paying & I'd be happier settling on a fixed price with Steve, Max or other TSR members with a proven track record.

JohnnyO. \ :D

+1

I've bought razors from ebay here and in the US which frankly were of a very poor quality, I bought a fatboy which fell apart, fortunately I didn't pay a lot for it and managed to recoup some of the cost selling it on to be used for parts. I have also bought razors from both Steve (sunburyboy93) and Max (frenchblade) and both have been a pleasure to deal with. You will get close up photos from various angles so you will see exactly what you're buying and they will be as described. PM either of them and they will keep an eye out for what you want if they don't already have it. Thoroughly recommended. Yes you'll pay more what the razor is worth but you won't buy a squib.

I recently sold a nice one for £16

Dsc_6450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom