Help needed

I bought this of the bay as a Gillette No58 set. Looking at the piture on Mr-Razors site it looked correct. But according to his site it should weigh 32g and have an aluminium handle. This one is all bright nickle plated brass and is 72g. I have searched the site and cannot find another razor that looks like it except the 58 set.
Anyone put me out of my misery by telling me what I am the proud owner of please...................awaits the sarcastic answers.........:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::dodgy::dodgy:

[attachment=3232]

[attachment=3233]

[attachment=3234]

I should add the razor is in need of a good clean and looks brighter in real life..................much like it's owner.......

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13
You didn't look hard enough. ;) It is a #58 set. There were two versions. An aluminium handled one weighing 35g and the heavier version weighing in at 68g.

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid%20guard%20bar/1955%20No58.JPG

missingskin said:
I bought this of the bay as a Gillette No58 set. Looking at the piture on Mr-Razors site it looked correct. But according to his site it should weigh 32g and have an aluminium handle. This one is all bright nickle plated brass and is 72g. I have searched the site and cannot find another razor that looks like it except the 58 set.
Anyone put me out of my misery by telling me what I am the proud owner of please...................awaits the sarcastic answers.........:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::dodgy::dodgy:

I should add the razor is in need of a good clean and looks brighter in real life..................much like it's owner.......

Congrats,
That is definatly a #58, on Mr-Razors site you need to scroll down a bit further from the 1953 version you're looking at, to the 1955/1956 area where you will see the nickel versions of the #58

I have a nickel #58 and mine weighs 68grams, it was a bit heavier before I cleaned all the crud out from inside it.

Very nice piece of kit.

Argh, beaten to the answer. :)

Yellow Jim said:
You didn't look hard enough. ;) It is a #58 set. There were two versions. An aluminium handled one weighing 35g and the heavier version weighing in at 68g.

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid%20guard%20bar/1955%20No58.JPG

Duh..........that will teach me...........:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::p:p

It is a nice razor though...........but the box needs a bit of TLC.............well ok a lot of TLC !!

missingskin said:
It is a nice razor though...........but the box needs a bit of TLC.............well ok a lot of TLC !!

I get it Steve,

Yeah, you posted those damn pics to try and enable some of us members. Very sneaky. Oh Steven? Any letter of provenance come with that set? I find a razor's history can be interesting at times......

Marvin

dodgy said:
missingskin said:

I get it Steve,

Yeah, you posted those damn pics to try and enable some of us members. Very sneaky. Oh Steven? Any letter of provenance come with that set? I find a razor's history can be interesting at times......

Marvin

I blame you completely you told me to check on another website...........:icon_razz:

This one has traveled over the english channel..........great grip on the razor won't be slipping out of my hands in a hurry, looking forward to shaving with it in a few weeks........

missingskin said:
[

I blame you completely you told me to check on another website...........:icon_razz:

This one has traveled over the english channel..........great grip on the razor won't be slipping out of my hands in a hurry, looking forward to shaving with it in a few weeks........

Merde, you are correct sir,

Well, one good toin desoives anudduh and I will accept responsibility for steering you to that place. Heh, excellent.

I don't know if that knurling's one I've seen before, Looks good and seems like the grip would be fine. Sigh.......you damn Limey enabler.

Mandrake

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
[

Merde, you are correct sir,

Well, one good toin desoives anudduh and I will accept responsibility for steering you to that place. Heh, excellent.

I don't know if that knurling's one I've seen before, Looks good and seems like the grip would be fine. Sigh.......you damn Limey enabler.

Mandrake

I try..........:angel::angel:

Back
Top Bottom