Help identifying two SEs (1912s)

A 1914 is an Aggressive SE..There is a Lot of Blade Exposure in this Particular Razor..If the Angle isn't Spot On the Blade will Kinda Catch & Flex..That's because these Current Gem Blades are No Where as Near as Rigid as the Original Stropping Blades..:)

They Do Require a Light Touch & Most Folks will End Up with a Sore Face & or Irritation on the 1st Outing with One of these SEs..I Did & I know Others have as Well..See this Thread of Mine on Shaving with the Original Stropping Blades..These Older SEs Shave Differently with the Original Blades as Intended..They are Far More Forgiving & Smooth + Smooth & More Efficient..They Mow Down the Whiskers like a Steam Train..o_O

Most Folks Wont Go the Bother of Using them..Their Loss because they will Never Know the True Potential or Ever Feel the Genuine 1914 or SE Article in All its Glory..;)

The Ironic thing is that its Easy Peasy to Maintain these Old Stropping Blades..It take More Skill However than 1st Meets the Eye..:D
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi12uns_-DNAhXCtBoKHSMYBtsQFggcMAA&url=http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/shaving-with-a-1912-the-traditional-way.36246/&usg=AFQjCNF2l3Ncc0wOb8CPcbSvYIAulebVag&sig2=9VUNHBSccPpI9eOv6qLs8A&bvm=bv.126130881,d.d2s

Billy

That could well explain the feeling I encountered on my first pass! Even though I was using a very light touch, the angle may not have been spot on, something I struggle with on my neck especially.

Damn you Billy, why is it that every time you post something I end up really wanting to buy something!

I'd love to try a stropping blade on the STAR 1912 if you think that is the best blade to use with it? Don't mind putting in a bit of effort to strop it, would just need to source some blades and a strop!! I'm quite glad I unknowingly bought a razor that was designed to take the modern GEM blades I must admit (the featherweight).

That could well explain the feeling I encountered on my first pass! Even though I was using a very light touch, the angel may not have been spot on, something I struggle with on my neck especially.

Damn you Billy, why is it that every time you post something I end up really wanting to buy something!

I'd love to try a stropping blade on the STAR 1912 if you think that is the best blade to use with it? Don't mind putting in a bit of effort to strop it, would just need to source some blades and a strop!! I'm quite glad I unknowingly bought a razor that was designed to take the modern GEM blades I must admit (the featherweight).
These SEs are Transformed by Stropping Blades..Using a Gem Blade is Akin to Using a Cartridge Head on a DE Handle.:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom