Help i have bought a duff!

It would appear that i did not do my homework before taking the plunge into the world of the straight shave.

Can anyone offer recommendations on a decent affordable first time razor.

cheers.

+1 for Neil

I'll also mention Larry Andro as a budget option, for $33 he'll send a scary sharp razor to the door, probably won't be much of a looker but will have good steel and a good edge. He does cheap strop kits too
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.whippeddog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whippeddog.com/</a><!-- m -->

Thanks for the recommendations, guys!

In the not too distant future I will be offering some 'try me' straights. This is in conjunction with Mikael (all round good-guy, dont'cha know!) who has donated a lot of the razors. They will not be much too look at, but they will be ready to shave with and would once have been good quality vintage razors.

Regards,
Neil

Neil Miller said:
Thanks for the recommendations, guys!

In the not too distant future I will be offering some 'try me' straights. This is in conjunction with Mikael (all round good-guy, dont'cha know!) who has donated a lot of the razors. They will not be much too look at, but they will be ready to shave with and would once have been good quality vintage razors.

Regards,
Neil

Neil, I might be able to donate some straights to the cause if need be, let me know :D

Max

Thanks Max!

I have a good 20 or so from Mikael, and about the same amount of my own - I just need to get down to honing them. I'm doing about five a day for the shop (takes a long time when damage has to be honed out and bevels reset) and clients at the moment as well as other stuff, so time is the main problem, but it will happen...

Regards,
Neil

Please keep me in mind Neil and if you come across my order the please feel free to pop in any info on handy hints or tips.

Have read your recents articles on here and they are very helpful!

Neil Miller said:
Thanks Max!

I have a good 20 or so from Mikael, and about the same amount of my own - I just need to get down to honing them. I'm doing about five a day for the shop (takes a long time when damage has to be honed out and bevels reset) and clients at the moment as well as other stuff, so time is the main problem, but it will happen...

Regards,
Neil

Please give me a shout when you have some nice examples for a beginner. I have emailed your shop address too.

Happy new year

Pete

Back
Top Bottom