Help cant decide between Merkur slant or Futur.

Hi gang, as title looking for my next razor, got a paypal refund rotting away,just enough to cover one razor or the other. already have a Merkur HD and an adjustible slim which i both enjoy,find the Merkur slightly better for my skill level lol.Any ideas which to go for. :shave

Pm me your address & I can send you down a nice gold coloured slant which is looking for a good home. If you like it keep it & pop something into a charity box, if you don't no harm done.

JohnnyO. :D /

it would be slant for me...i own 2 already ...had 3 futurs and whilst very good to shave when u get used with it,,,for me...the slant outperforms for ease of use...but as you already have the hd...why bother

take the gold thats on offer or i may be having to pester johnny for it

please please please send it tooo meeeeeee :lol:

Only been on this site a very short while(recomended to me by adam from detailing world)and must say been very suprised at the kindness of the members,never heard of pifing before joining very pleasantly surprised when told what it stood for, havent even had any abuse for bad spelling/grammer lol. Thanks again johnnyo and the rest of the gang for making it a very nice place to spend spare time :D

Similar in some ways, but in others very different beasts.

I have found the Slant to be a very useable razor as I have the Futur, but despite the Slant's fierce reputation (which, in my humble opinion, is grossly overblown) the Futur is capable of a more aggressive shave.

The Futur wins for me, as it is the most efficient stubble remover that I have ever used.

Ian

Very sorry Nivlo , 'fraid the slant is heading to G & P to try.

& yes Daran, I agree entirely with IanM ; the slant may have a kinda fierce rep but I've always found them to be a nice, close shaving piece of equipment. The Futur on the other hand is potentially one of the most aggresive DEs out there, my view.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Had a quick shave with the hd this morning with my new favorite blade gillette platinum :shave very smooth with little iritation after.look forward to this blade in the slant :D

i had a Slant and while i understand the theory behind the slicing motion, i think at such a microscopic level it's bollocks :lol:

i also think the blade gap at the wide end is far too big
if it tapered roughly somewhere between a 4-7 on a Gillette adjustable it'd be more managable
well that's what i think anyway

you might find it wonderful :roll:

Back
Top Bottom