Hello

A warm welcome to TSR ,
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

For a first razor you can't go wrong with a Muhle R89, it's great for learning, cheap and it delivers a first class shave.
As for a headshave I would buy a Leaf razor, I keep my head shaven and have yet to find anything better for no cuts and speed but as always YMMV.

Welcome. A Fatip Testina Gentile or an Edwin Jagger special razor on Amazon. Thirdly the King C Gillette razor available in all supermarkets. A good starter cream is Taylor of Old Bond Street in any scent you enjoy, I prefer Lime or Rose. Any Gillette made in Russia blade that is still available. Nivea balm and a good AS lotion such as Speick. I prefer the Yaqi synthetic brushes from AliExpress. Sorted.

A warm welcome to TSR ,
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

For a first razor you can't go wrong with a Muhle R89, it's great for learning, cheap and it delivers a first class shave.
As for a headshave I would buy a Leaf razor, I keep my head shaven and have yet to find anything better for no cuts and speed but as always YMMV.
The R89 has a relationship to the Edwin Jagger and possibly the King C Gillette. Both are less expensive. All are good.

All of the razors mentioned in your thread are here. The EJ special is the Kelvin:

The DES89 (S for short?) razors all seem to be Amazon specials - there's the knurled Kelvin (DES89KNBLAMZ), a completely clean handle (DES89BLAMZ - I have this one) and then an ivory or black version (DES86RCBLAMZ). The Kelvin seems to be the only one with a formal name.

AP1GczPB930DEbUXoD4lKnAxGZAJTNKCBZPVmKyRSH7ZfNuVcPcJPwBZ9urXkmTMg4zVeHLDRZOiLaXBhlk6W8Wi1qjaWTVX-siPEn-LnqiLj5GO_6E30lkhFA1Xgkn8qeBg2XWFAw-OvFhngnknBvSwus6FRQ=w800

Welcome to TSR @derekmr

The 89 is an absolute classic and these short handled make for a really nice experience.

Welcome!...
...what they said:)
And of course there are two piece razors, such as Merkur 34C. And one piece (also known as TTO's or butterfly's) such as Wilkinson Sword Classic which is available cheaply from Wilkinson's website, Amazon and supermarkets (if you can find one that still has stock!)
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom