Hello

Hello chaps

I've lurked on here for long enough, so it's time to take a deep breath and launch myself headlong into the dark art of DE shaving. Which I've been practising for three days now, having graduated via the marketing machines that are Gillette and King of Shaves. My descent into the world of "proper" shaving has, I suppose, been gradual, as I have been using Truefitt and Hill's Ultimate Comfort shaving cream, their pre-shave oil and also (and I know that many of you aren't well disposed towards this, but it was available at an irresistable price in TK Maxx), Pecksniffs Citrus shaving soap. I also like Pecksniffs ASB (Citrus again) and their Cologne (can you guess which one?). Again, all bought for a song in TK Maxx.

So far I have been using a Men-u synthetic brush, but have one of Fido's on order.

And the razor? Merkur Futur, and a selection of blades from Connaught.

So thanks for the info so far. I look forward to learning more as I go along. So far, I have to say, despite visions of fillets of face dropping into the sink, there has been minimal loss of blood, and no permanent disfigurement. Probably tempting fate there.

Ian

Hi & welcome Dermot (did I once know your cousin, Myth O'Logical ?) . I'm well disposed to any product which someone else is content with, whether or not it suits me. Try posting again in a few days to say that you're starting to wonder if there may be something better than Pecksniff out there & you'll probably get offers of about a years worth of soaps & creams from fellow TSR members for you to try out !

JohnnyO. :shave

JohnnyO said:
Hi & welcome Dermot (did I once know your cousin, Myth O'Logical ?) . I'm well disposed to any product which someone else is content with, whether or not it suits me. Try posting again in a few days to say that you're starting to wonder if there may be something better than Pecksniff out there & you'll probably get offers of about a years worth of soaps & creams from fellow TSR members for you to try out !

JohnnyO. :shave

Might have been Path. :lol:

Hi Ian. Welcome.

Excellent first post Dermot.
Hope you are taking it easy with the adjustable, you seem to have everything else sorted.
Might I suggest that one ascends to DE shaving rather than descending into it?

Hi Ian.

Nothing wrong with the Pecksniffs Citrus cologne, I have it myself, it's a nice clean summer scent, not that we've got much of a summer. Haven't tried the soap, after reading poor reviews, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

SirPrize said:
Excellent first post Dermot.
Hope you are taking it easy with the adjustable, you seem to have everything else sorted.
Might I suggest that one ascends to DE shaving rather than descending into it?

Surely that would depend on which direction one approaches it from?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :D

Back
Top Bottom