Hello

Hi

I've been DE shaving for a little over a year.

My mainstay razor is an Edwin Jagger DE89L, with a Muhle R41 for days when I feel like mixing it up a little. Blades are Feathers for the EJ and Gillette Super Plantinums for the R41. I've a bit more variety in brushes, using a Rooney Style 1 Medium in best for soaps, and a Muhle silver tip (handle matches the R41) for cream, plus another Muhle in fine badger.

Like many a noob I bought a few high end creams and soaps before discovering how good cheaper items are. I use Ingram cream most of the time, alongside Erasmic bowl soap, and a Tabac shavestick. I've just discovered Mitchell's Wool Fat soap which looks like becoming a future favourite.

When I used a Mach3 I used only Nivea Sensitive ASB, but on finding out that my skin's not really sensitive unless I use a cartridge razor, I started taking more of interest in aftershaves. I use splashes every day, with balms when the weather's cold. I favour old school scents like Aramis, Paco Rabanne PH and Tabac, occasionally revisiting the smellies of my youth - Denim and Blue Stratos.

Been lurking around shave foums for a while, but it's great to find one with a more UK slant, so I've joined up!

Hi and welcome to TSR HD! :D Old school works for me aswell, one of these days I´ll get a HD with a springer fork and heavy body chassi ... Maybe a Road King with a 110 inch engine :geek:

Back
Top Bottom