Hello

Hi all,

Just a quick introduction,

Iam a 40 year old software developer from South Wales, who after years of using a cartridge and a can of squirty cream, recently decided to venture into the world of shaving like my grandad did :cool:

To this end, I have been looking for reviews / recommendations for a beginner on a budget and I must say that this forum has pretty much all the information I was looking for, and seems to be a friendly, active community which I am sure I will enjoy being a part of.

I have yet to make my final decision as to what kit I am going to get, but I'm sure it won't be long before the wallet gets opened and the credit card goes into overdrive :)

Cheers

Jonno

Welcome to TSR! :D I expect you've come across this thread but just in case...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

The traditional shaving company do some nice starter sets if you want higher end stuff. Roundabout 50 odd squids for a nice Merkur razor, Edwin Jagger brush, and Truefitt and Hill soap, which is about £15 off the individual prices.

Anyhoo, plenty out there to choose from, welcome and enjoy!

Hi & very welcome Jonno, if you want to send me a not of your address I'll pop a few assorted blades in the post to you; that may give you an idea as to which suits you best before buying some you may not like.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Back
Top Bottom