Hello to the bristle from Brizzle (Bristol)

Hello fellow wetsters.

Reacquainting myself with trad safety razors after a 25 year hiatus. Some of these devices look like very fine pieces of recherche hardware (Merkur, & etc.). Just bought a 'Romer' off Ebay (see my reply on 'plastic D-E' razor thread).

N

Thanks for the warm welcome fellows.

Just looking at a YouTube on here re cutthroat technique: whew! I wouldn't trust myself with one of these - leave alone a barber :shock: . How people did/do is beyond me. It just occurred to me that there is analogy here with (and IMO as bewildering as) the fixed-wheel 'fixie' cycling thing. I'm into retro aesthetics, but innovation should be given its due if it truly improves the lot of man. So I'll have my safety razor (better shave than Mach 3) and freewheel thanks (the latter so I can have a rewarding glide down the other side of the hill I just laboured up). :)

Ah, you say that now Natty .......................... just give it a coupla months ! (Some of us were almost normal once ourselves, you know) . :?

JohnnyO.

Hi natty, a big welcome to you!

In which part of Bristol do you reside ? I live in Whitchurch ! :) You don't have to say of course, confidentiality and all that sort of thing etc..etc.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom