Hello to everyone

Hi all, Just like to introduce myself my Names Ken, I'm revisiting wet shaving with DE's after a absence of 30 odd years, always enjoyed wet shaving years ago, but went with the fad of more blades, seemed really just like my youth, where I was chasing more pockets and buttons on my baggies and wider Flares to stay ahead in fashion, I never actually felt the cartridge razors did the job, so about a year ago, got back in to wet shaving, I haven't got any real kind of budget, pretty sparse in the shave Den/box actually, so I've saved up, not knowing a lot about razors and being on that low budget I just stuck to cheap and cheerful bought a Lord L6 for about a fiver, great shave I felt for the money, got a few cheapie razors off the bay, saved up for a fatip piccolo open comb which gave a real close shave, later got a cheap Gillette tech, good but found handle too short and no weight to it, then got a couple of old open combs a souplex and a German hex shaped handle razor both good shaves but very short light handles, I just purchased a parker 96r a lovely shave, similar shave to my birth year white slim gillette twist. But was looking now in the future to move to something that wouldn't break the Bank & I have a Gillette ball end old type with a upgrade carbon fibre handle cover on order from a great Guy John @JJ shaves, I am looking now for recommendations for the purchase after this one, budget low up to £30, Could anybody recommend anything mid aggressiveness please, that might fit the bill and budget? Cheers and thanks in anticipation Ken.

I have both the Clone and Futur original and I love them both, they are almost like completely different razors! If you fancy the original which is a more aggressive razor I have one for sale. You can pick a clone on AliExpress for less than £10

Hi Ken and welcome to TSR. The danger of asking for an open ended recommendation is the variety of responses you're going to get - we all have different opinions on this. It sounds like you already have some great gear and it's nice to hear you're enjoying your shaves. I'm going to throw two (technically three) recommendations in the mix to add a bit of variety as it seems like that's what you're looking for:

Merkur 37C or 39C - these are slant razors and shave fantastically. Don't let the slant put you off. They're very comfortable and efficient in use. The head is the same on each - the difference is in the handles.

Vintage injector razor - you should be able to pick up a good condition injector and a year's worth of blades with your £30 budget.

Just to clarify, the above are recommendations for some variety. You already own items that will give great shaves.

Hi Ken and welcome to TSR. The danger of asking for an open ended recommendation is the variety of responses you're going to get - we all have different opinions on this. It sounds like you already have some great gear and it's nice to hear you're enjoying your shaves. I'm going to throw two (technically three) recommendations in the mix to add a bit of variety as it seems like that's what you're looking for:

Merkur 37C or 39C - these are slant razors and shave fantastically. Don't let the slant put you off. They're very comfortable and efficient in use. The head is the same on each - the difference is in the handles.

Vintage injector razor - you should be able to pick up a good condition injector and a year's worth of blades with your £30 budget.

Just to clarify, the above are recommendations for some variety. You already own items that will give great shaves.
Many Thanks for those recommendations, I've thought about slants but not injector razors, will take a look, many Thanks for taking the time to replying to me it is much appreciated Boycie, regards Ken.

Back
Top Bottom