Hello, new to forum, but not to wetshaving

G

Hello The Shaving Room,
I'd like to introduce myself. My SN is asharperrazor, but you can call me Lee. I've been straight shaving from a time before the internet forums. My favorite brush is a Semogue, I prefer tallow soap, my favorite strop is a Tony Miller, and my current favorite razor is a Filly stainless.

I joined the forum to pass the time by helping newbies and keeping up with the latest products. I have a straight razor shaving blog and have written some tutorials for beginners.

So, that's me. Hope to meet more people and learn.

asharperrazor said:
Hello The Shaving Room,
I'd like to introduce myself. My SN is asharperrazor, but you can call me Lee. I've been straight shaving from a time before the internet forums.

I joined the forum to pass the time by helping newbies and keeping up with the latest products. So, that's me. Hope to meet more people and learn.

Hi Lee,

Man, an old timer eh? I'd bet you probably are starting to get the hang of using a straight by now. Been using one of those before any of the forums....even the original one? Pretty impressive......you probably mighta even read Corey's blog years ago. You a member over at SRP, may I ask?

Personally, I have no use for straights, mainly because of the need to keep em maintained. I'm waiting for the automatic honing/stropping Mystical Pyramid to be offered, but it seems to be stuck in production.

Of course the other reason I don't use a straight is I'd have to learn another damn technique.....one with a loooong learning curve. No thank you.

It's nice of you to join here and offer your expertise to those guys interested in that type of shaving.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy this place,

Martin

A warm welcome indeed.

I've always had this inkling that I should move to Britain. Now I know why. :p

@Dodgy, yup, I think I'm almost getting the hang of it. :lol: Actually, I didn't even know shaving forums existed until 2009. I've actually been SR shaving well before high-speed internet so, I predate any blogs and forums for sure. I only found them because I was looking for a better brush. :p Otherwise I would have just gone on without shaving forums. SRP is too big and kind of cliquey for me. Like an old boy's club I'm not invited to.

Looking forward to converting more people to the straight! :twisted: JK. Just here to help.

Back
Top Bottom