I've been shaving with a DE razor for quite some years now.
I started with the cheap TTO Feather, as I grew tired of spending a small fortune on the multibladede razors. It turned out to be so much more enjoyable and cost effective so I soon invested in a Merkur 33C. - The Feather didn't last that long and I wanted something more solid.
Years went by with the Merkur 33C and canned shaving foam
A couple of years ago I was in Berlin and visited the MÜHLE store where I bought my first badger brush and a hard soap. I also bought the R89.
I followed the macho trend and just had to try the MÜHLE R41 ... That is one hefty razor even with a Wilkinson blade! Way too "efficient" for my Scandinavian skin
The R89 has a superior chrome finish but I don't quite get along with the hollow handle so now it's back in the drawer.
My Merkur 33C is just a tad too mild - I need to do 3 to 4 passes to get a BBS - so the most recent purchase is the OC sibling 15C. One great piece of German shaving tool.
I only have two to three soaps / creams in rotation. My all-year soap is La 'Toja that I grate into a wooden bowl and this summer my second choise will be the Edwin Jagger Lime cream. Last Winter - and probably next winther too - my second soap was MÜHLE Sandalwood.

Greetings from Copenhagen,
Jan Martin

Jan,
Welcome to TSR. You don't need an extensively stocked shave den to enjoy shaving...but there's no harm in trying.

Regards,
Chris