I've been shaving with a DE razor for quite some years now.
I started with the cheap TTO Feather, as I grew tired of spending a small fortune on the multibladede razors. It turned out to be so much more enjoyable and cost effective so I soon invested in a Merkur 33C. - The Feather didn't last that long and I wanted something more solid.
Years went by with the Merkur 33C and canned shaving foam
icon_redface.gif

A couple of years ago I was in Berlin and visited the MÜHLE store where I bought my first badger brush and a hard soap. I also bought the R89.
I followed the macho trend and just had to try the MÜHLE R41 ... That is one hefty razor even with a Wilkinson blade! Way too "efficient" for my Scandinavian skin
icon_eek.gif

The R89 has a superior chrome finish but I don't quite get along with the hollow handle so now it's back in the drawer.
My Merkur 33C is just a tad too mild - I need to do 3 to 4 passes to get a BBS - so the most recent purchase is the OC sibling 15C. One great piece of German shaving tool.
I only have two to three soaps / creams in rotation. My all-year soap is La 'Toja that I grate into a wooden bowl and this summer my second choise will be the Edwin Jagger Lime cream. Last Winter - and probably next winther too - my second soap was MÜHLE Sandalwood.

Greetings from Copenhagen,
Jan Martin

Back
Top Bottom