Hello from West Sussex

Thanks @Kevy , already been watching some of your videos before I arrived here.

Keep up the good work on those, I'm learning lots from you and a few others, but I am haemorraging money on bits already!

Cheers, John

Thanks @Kevy , already been watching some of your videos before I arrived here.

Keep up the good work on those, I'm learning lots from you and a few others, but I am haemorraging money on bits already!

Cheers, John

Hello folks,
New member, obviously, and just this week got back to shaving with a DE after decades using cartridges, and moaning about the problems they bring.
Have been watching quite a few YouTube videos from a few different channels, and spotted that @Kevy is on here.
Had got a step along the way a couple of years ago, when I changed from aerosols to the basic Wilkinson Sword soap and brush.
Got some new soaps (Prorosa green & white) & a far better brush (EJ Super Badger Large) before the razor arrived, and got a far better shave with the out-going Mach3
Have decided to invest a bit while I am finding out what works, but was so happy with the first shave with a DE89/Feather combo.
Looking forward to learning a lot more, and hearing about different combos and techniques that work for others.
Cheers, John
Welcome John!
You wont look back :)
Agent L

Thanks, and I know I won't as far happier withthe results already.
Dunno about this DE thing being cheaper than cartridges though....
So far this month (at least future months CAN'T be as expensive!) I have ordered 4 razors, 3 soaps, 2 brushes, pre & post, and a nick fixer! :-D
Cheers, John
John
You have fallen down the rabbit hole already!!!! It makes what was once the chore the pleasure and you get to chat with awesome shavers on here :cool:
Agent L

John
You have fallen down the rabbit hole already!!!! It makes what was once the chore the pleasure and you get to chat with awesome shavers on here :cool:
Agent L
Hopefully not too far.

It seems I am back to 3 razors, as the vendor can't find the Slim Adjustable with the required, and advertised, date code.

However, I have found another, but I might wait until 1st Feb! :)

One of the other razors was under a tenner, as a "Seconds" so I didn't feel too bad on that.

A DE89 and a 42C to get me started and learn technique. Most expensive things so far is two brushes, one for home, and one at the GF's place.

Cheers, John

Back
Top Bottom