Hello From USA

Hello to all my fellow wet shavers across the pond. My name is Joe, a wet shaver since birth, but learned the finer way, the proper way to do it about two years ago. Full time I am a policeman for the last 20 years in North New Jersey near Newark Airport. For any travelers who have been to New York City you might remember the area if you landed on the New Jersey side of the river. On the side I operate a website called Shave A Buck where I serve the more practical customer seeking something that is good, but does not cost a lot. I also try to market lesser known products on there as a means of staying out of the glut of vendors selling the same wares over and over again. I ship worldwide and was told of your board by a customer in the U.K.

I wish you all well and look forward to participating in your board as a member in good standing. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Joe Giannuzzi

Welcome Joe

Sounds like the sort of thing our members will be interested in.

Is it true that the Chicago Police get paid more for being "bigger" and you get a twinky allowance?

No, the pay around the NYC area is the highest but it is all relative because it costs so much to live around here. Many people commute an hour or more into NYC so the area is desirable to live in thus values rise. Property tax is the highest here in the states as are many other aspects of everyday life. The good side is there are jobs, great medical care, and great schools. The city radiates a lot of culture too so good food and ethnic goods are available to us in mass.

Welcome aboard, chap.

I've just had a butcher's at your wares.

Might be getting some Williams soap from you in the foreseeable.

gman41 said:
No, the pay around the NYC area is the highest but it is all relative because it costs so much to live around here. Many people commute an hour or more into NYC so the area is desirable to live in thus values rise. Property tax is the highest here in the states as are many other aspects of everyday life. The good side is there are jobs, great medical care, and great schools. The city radiates a lot of culture too so good food and ethnic goods are available to us in mass.

But if you work in the Newark area, you could live anywhere in northern NJ, or as far south as Point Pleasant, and still have a decent commute, right?

You are correct. many people commute from Point Pleasant into the city. There is a train that takes them in. I live not too far from Point Pleasant myself, about 10- 15 minutes. Point Pleasant is a nice destination in the summer if anyone is over here at that time.

I do want to say thanks for the warm welcome I have been given. It's nice to be among a friendly group.

Back
Top Bottom