Hello from the new kid

As the title says really, ive been using a mach3 etc for a while and a thread on a watch site i visit made me aware that there was an alternative out there. I've just got myself a Merkr Futur, kent bk4 brush and what seems like everything proraso make :roll: ive since found that feather all stainless jobbie which left me like a kid in a sweet shop drooling over the engineering this is going to end up like watch collecting i can feel it :cry: My first couple of shaves have gone quite well and all in all im pleased I've made the change although some more practice is certainly needed. Seems like a great place you have here reading through it learning what i can.

moodymick said:
Welcome. just remember that there's always something else you can buy, the secret is just to tell yourself - oh go on then, just the one..... and a spare and.... :)

oh yeah, and hiding it all from the Mrs ;)

Yep it sounds exactly like watch collecting :oops:

Sparky750 said:
moodymick said:
Welcome. just remember that there's always something else you can buy, the secret is just to tell yourself - oh go on then, just the one..... and a spare and.... :)

oh yeah, and hiding it all from the Mrs ;)

Yep it sounds exactly like watch collecting :oops:

Welcome to you Sparky! You will discover you have quite a few kindred spirits on this forum. I too was a watch collector, pens too, but I got over that one some time ago. Oh, used shoes also :shock: , but that's a whole different story. I am sure you will enjoy this forum,
All the best,
spandex..

Welcome Sparky,
Like you I started with a futur, then got a Mühle R89 and suddenly it all got much much better. A boring mundane task suddenly becomes interesting.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it is getting pretty addictive ordered up some sample creams to try out and of course im desperately waiting for my new feather stainless :hungrig Ive also got to put together a travel kit at some point as i work offshore quite often. Learning loads from this place though.

Hi Sparky750,
Good to meet you. When you're putting together a travel kit (Gosh, what a gr8 & genuine reason for getting more kindsa "stuff" ) you might like to try a glycerine soap, Colonel Conk is inexpensive , small sized puck & comes in its own wee cellophane type holder for easy packing. Ima not even going to start on Mama Bear's kool scented shave sticks which come in their very own plastic tubes.
Have a gr8 time exploring all the possibilities m8, you're amongst friends now.

JohnnyO.

Back
Top Bottom