Hello from the Bronx

Gentlemen,

I was simply Googling around for anything interesting regarding shaving in the traditional manner and I was fortunate enough to be directed here. I am a member of Badger & Blade, the shaving forum based in the States. I have already seen a few familiar names among the posts here. I hope you won't mind if I lurk for a bit. I am always on the lookout for posts that speak of the equipment I use and, as I have a strong preference for Edwin Jagger razors and brushes, I am hoping to read more posts about those and other English products here.

Mason
(Some sort of British expatriate)

Welcome aboard, Prophet!

EJ fan, eh? Perhaps you might be able to answer my question on EJ/Muehle compatible heads in the Tackle/DE Razors section? ;)

Well welcome sir.

Please feel free to lurke, join in and generally hang round the place. We are a friendly bunch and a little smaller than the big one as it were.

andy

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Naked Ape said:
Welcome aboard, Prophet!

EJ fan, eh? Perhaps you might be able to answer my question on EJ/Muehle compatible heads in the Tackle/DE Razors section? ;)

I own just two razors and both are Edwin Jaggers. My first, a Bulbous Lined model, was purchased about two years ago from The English Shaving Company. My second, a Georgian model, was also purchased from TESCo about six months ago when I learned that this model was being discontinued and sold at a discount. The Georgian came with the newly developed JaggerMuhle head and it does indeed fit the Bulbous handle. The difference in shaving is slight, but noticable enough that an adjustment is needed when switching between the two. I chose to keep the new head on the Bulbous handle since I much prefer the heft of it. The Georgian is my travel razor and I can still get a great shave from the old Merkur head. It is a bit top heavy since the handle is synthetic, but the palm filling feel of it is like no other. If you haven't taken advantage of the closeout pricing, and if you are at all interested in owning a unique and very well made razor, then I confidently recommend that you select one of these while they are still available.
Well in all of that babbling on, I realize that the question remains unanswered. I have no idea if the new EJ head will fit the handle in question.
Sorry.

Well in all of that babbling on, I realize that the question remains unanswered. I have no idea if the new EJ head will fit the handle in question.

:lol: Thanks for that Prophet. Maybe you answered my question indirectly when you wrote down "...newly developed JaggerMuhle head..".

Welcome ProphetNoir
I too am some sort of expatriot being an Irish person transplanted to England. I hope you'll enjoy the craic on here. I think it has a more cosy feel than B & B. due to smaller numbers.
'Fraid I can't add any meaningful to the razor discussion.

Thank you Soapalchemist.

I came to New York from London at the age of five on the QE1. That was 48 years ago and I have never adjusted fully. I started DE shaving a little more than a year ago and I truly enjoy being a member of B&B, but it is a large site with several side forums that have little or nothing to do with shaving or grooming. I contribute there regularly, but I also look to other shaving forums. This is the first time I have felt like posting to announce my membership someplace else.

Back
Top Bottom