Hello from Sheffield

Good evening all,

I have been lurking for a week or so now and though it was about time I registered and said hi.

I am a recent convert from the Mach3 and now the happy owner of a Merk Futur.

I tried ordering a TOB giftset over the xmas hols but my order did not process for some reason :?: :?: Quite fortunate in hindsight as I have discovered this forum and I am now looking into opinions about brushes and soaps/creams.

I am still using up a supply of gillette gel, which I gather is far from ideal with a DE, but it buys me time to make an educated decision on what products to invest in.

Anyway, enough rambling on, any recommendations are welcome, buget.... difficult one as I fancy the matching Merk stand and brush at a big push (£££) :shock: :mrgreen: but prior to finding this item on the internet, I was looking at upto a max £30 for a decent brush. Not found any reviews on the Merk brush though... rambling again!!! :mrgreen:

Expect many more questions from me over in the rest of the forum.

Welcome to TSR! Once you have a brush ditch the gel and invest ~50p in a Palmolive shave stick from most supermarkets. It will easily tide you over while you investigate soaps and creams, and you'll probably carry on using it anyway.

Pig Cat said:
Welcome to TSR! Once you have a brush ditch the gel and invest ~50p in a Palmolive shave stick from most supermarkets. It will easily tide you over while you investigate soaps and creams, and you'll probably carry on using it anyway.

Although I'm new to the forum I agree with this 100%. Palmolive stick is fantastic and I still use it for a good, clean shave! I started with the wilkinsons sword brush that you often find next to the stick but would not recommend it. Although it will give you a decent lather its not exactly smooth on the face!

Hello and welcome jonboy

Im sure that this outfit have an outlet/shop that you can pop into up your neck of the woods. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/</a><!-- m -->

Might be worth giving them a bell.

Their customer service is first class from my experience.

I like you Whisp. I like you a lot.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

RB73 - I have had a look at their site and then looked at their location, but it looks like its an online shop only as it operates out of a warehouse not far from me. Apparently the founder is a friend of a friend.... must get myself introduced! :mrgreen:
I must have looked round every department store and chemist in Sheffield and I am suprised at the lack of traditional shaving products on offer!?!

Do'nt let him come around to show you his 'special technique' , it has nothing to do with shaving.

lol, something you have experienced personally?

Same here in Manchester, none that I know about anyway. Only L'Occitane somewhere but not gone looking for it yet!

Good to know you have a local shop! S'ppose Sheffield is only over the hill!

whisp said:
Same here in Manchester, none that I know about anyway. Only L'Occitane somewhere but not gone looking for it yet!

Good to know you have a local shop! S'ppose Sheffield is only over the hill!

Shame, I would have thought Manchester would have had a decent outlet. I think Nottingham does? I stumbled on it whilst searching but damned if I can remember the name of it???

I will let you know if there is a "shop" as such within the warehouse, used to do a Manchester run once a week, shame they have enforced a 50 MPH limit on the snake, it used to be a nice run. :x

Don't quote me on the info wrt Manchester, if you find any I would be grateful of a PM Yea the pass is good not been up there in a while myself.