Hello from Sheffield

Good evening all,

I have been lurking for a week or so now and though it was about time I registered and said hi. :)

I am a recent convert from the Mach3 and now the happy owner of a Merk Futur.

I tried ordering a TOB giftset over the xmas hols but my order did not process for some reason :?: :?: Quite fortunate in hindsight as I have discovered this forum and I am now looking into opinions about brushes and soaps/creams.

I am still using up a supply of gillette gel, which I gather is far from ideal with a DE, but it buys me time to make an educated decision on what products to invest in.

Anyway, enough rambling on, any recommendations are welcome, buget.... difficult one as I fancy the matching Merk stand and brush at a big push (£££) :shock: :mrgreen: but prior to finding this item on the internet, I was looking at upto a max £30 for a decent brush. Not found any reviews on the Merk brush though... rambling again!!! :mrgreen:

Expect many more questions from me over in the rest of the forum. :D

Welcome to TSR! :D Once you have a brush ditch the gel and invest ~50p in a Palmolive shave stick from most supermarkets. It will easily tide you over while you investigate soaps and creams, and you'll probably carry on using it anyway. :p

Pig Cat said:
Welcome to TSR! :D Once you have a brush ditch the gel and invest ~50p in a Palmolive shave stick from most supermarkets. It will easily tide you over while you investigate soaps and creams, and you'll probably carry on using it anyway. :p

Although I'm new to the forum I agree with this 100%. Palmolive stick is fantastic and I still use it for a good, clean shave! I started with the wilkinsons sword brush that you often find next to the stick but would not recommend it. Although it will give you a decent lather its not exactly smooth on the face!

Hello and welcome jonboy :)

Im sure that this outfit have an outlet/shop that you can pop into up your neck of the woods. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/</a><!-- m -->

Might be worth giving them a bell.

Their customer service is first class from my experience.

whisp said:
Pig Cat said:

Although I'm new to the forum I agree with this 100%.

I like you Whisp. I like you a lot.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

RB73 - I have had a look at their site and then looked at their location, but it looks like its an online shop only as it operates out of a warehouse not far from me. Apparently the founder is a friend of a friend.... must get myself introduced! :mrgreen:
I must have looked round every department store and chemist in Sheffield and I am suprised at the lack of traditional shaving products on offer!?!

Do'nt let him come around to show you his 'special technique' , it has nothing to do with shaving.

lol, something you have experienced personally?

RB73 - I have had a look at their site and then looked at their location, but it looks like its an online shop only as it operates out of a warehouse not far from me. Apparently the founder is a friend of a friend.... must get myself introduced! :mrgreen:
I must have looked round every department store and chemist in Sheffield and I am suprised at the lack of traditional shaving products on offer!?!

Same here in Manchester, none that I know about anyway. Only L'Occitane somewhere but not gone looking for it yet!

Good to know you have a local shop! S'ppose Sheffield is only over the hill!

whisp said:
Same here in Manchester, none that I know about anyway. Only L'Occitane somewhere but not gone looking for it yet!

Good to know you have a local shop! S'ppose Sheffield is only over the hill!

Shame, I would have thought Manchester would have had a decent outlet. I think Nottingham does? I stumbled on it whilst searching but damned if I can remember the name of it???

I will let you know if there is a "shop" as such within the warehouse, used to do a Manchester run once a week, shame they have enforced a 50 MPH limit on the snake, it used to be a nice run. :x

Shame, I would have thought Manchester would have had a decent outlet. I think Nottingham does? I stumbled on it whilst searching but damned if I can remember the name of it???

I will let you know if there is a "shop" as such within the warehouse, used to do a Manchester run once a week, shame they have enforced a 50 MPH limit on the snake, it used to be a nice run. :x

Don't quote me on the info wrt Manchester, if you find any I would be grateful of a PM ;) Yea the pass is good not been up there in a while myself.

Back
Top Bottom