Hello from Scotland

Phew! My mistake. Its the 2211 where all waiting for. The 2202 is the hand crafted wooden handle brush. Panic over.
Hope you like it, i have the 2201 and although its the only brush i own at the moment, it is superurb. Paciently waiting for the next 2211.

hunnymonster said:
Such assumptions from the Weegielanders... he might be from Embra & district...

I live in Livingston, so sort of halfway between the two, but closer to Edinburgh.

I feel quite at home with all of the other people from Scotland on here :)

rangers62 said:
Howdy Adam

I am a weegie and a Westender.

Anything worth looking at in McArthur Glen shavewise?

Hello mate,

Funny you should mention McArthur Glen as I was down there on my lunch break having a look around to see if there was anything shavewise.

Unfortunately I could not see anything :(

I studied at Glasgow university from 1989 to 1993 and lived out in the West end of the city. Very vibrant area.

Does Glasgow have any shops to visit for shaving materials, both hard and soft?

I did a google and it came back with the Glasgow Shaver Centre in the city centre. There website isn't very good, but Is it worth a visit when I am over in Glasgow taking the wife and children shopping?

Alum blocks are easy to come by due to the Asian shops (69p) as are Arko shave sticks as we have a lot of Turkish barbers. Got my hair cut at a Turkish barbers 2 weeks ago and he done the giant Q-Tip on fire on my ears thing, worked well, what a stink. (Don't tell Luigi)

Couple of the guys have had a shave at my barbers Salondini (That's Luigi who is Sicilian) All Italian products used including a lemon AS from Sicily, unbelievable! Search on here for some info.

There was a stall in Prince square selling AOS and the higher end stuff, The Perfect Shave, sadly no more.

One of our more celebrated members managed to 'buy' a boxed TV Gillette for £2 from a charity shop in the West end, but I bear him no ill will.......It's mine Honeymonster ya pocklin, thievin, carpetbagger.

Anway, Welcome Adam

There's a little Turkish barber shop at the back of Queen St station, they have Arko shave sticks and cream amongst other things. The Arko stick was £1.50 or £2 and is great for the money.

Frasers on Buchanan St had some Truffit & Hill stuff last I was in, L'occitane just accross from it has, well, L'occitaine stuff and John Lewis in the Buchanan Galleries usually has a decent amount of sortware. There's a Crabtree & Evelyn in Princess Sqaure, also across from Frasers. TK Maxx on Sauchiehall Street has the odd bargain.

Nothing very exicting though.

rangers62 said:
Alum blocks are easy to come by due to the Asian shops (69p) as are Arko shave sticks as we have a lot of Turkish barbers. Got my hair cut at a Turkish barbers 2 weeks ago and he done the giant Q-Tip on fire on my ears thing, worked well, what a stink. (Don't tell Luigi)

Couple of the guys have had a shave at my barbers Salondini (That's Luigi who is Sicilian) All Italian products used including a lemon AS from Sicily, unbelievable! Search on here for some info.

There was a stall in Prince square selling AOS and the higher end stuff, The Perfect Shave, sadly no more.

One of our more celebrated members managed to 'buy' a boxed TV Gillette for £2 from a charity shop in the West end, but I bear him no ill will.......It's mine Honeymonster ya pocklin, thievin, carpetbagger.

Anway, Welcome Adam

Which barber was that then Russ?

Greetings Adam, and welcome to the Room.

• >.>
        <.<
        >.>[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • *cough*[/list:u]
                  • >.>

<.<[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                    • Hoots mon.
                        • ... and Hawkeye the Gnu, too![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                          • BWAH HA HA HA HAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHHHHH[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

andyjreid said:
rangers62 said:

Anway, Welcome Adam

Which barber was that then Russ?

Andra, how's things?

Wee Turkish Barber on Park Road, around the corner from Luigi. Really needed a haircut and Luigi had went on a short notice holiday. He is that conscientious he usually tells you when he is off or away, anyway, went into this guys for a trim, good haircut, but, he cut my sideburns really short without asking :shock: I keep them fairly long so I can even them up without giving myself a mohawk. He finished the cut by spraying rose scented alcohol on the big Q-Tip and bounced it off my lugs. Worked a treat after initial fear. No extra charge. Sprayed the rose scented stuff on my neck and ears to finish off.
£7 for a haircut and I think £9 for a shave, shavette, Derby blades and Arko products.

Andy, met Luigi yesterday closing up for the night, he is so nice he was willing to re-open to give me a haircut. I saw him looking at my hair and.....he knew. I've committed hairdultery, I was mortified :oops:

Back
Top Bottom