Hello from Portugal

Hello gentlemen,

My good friend Teiste told me about this forum and so I decided to join in.
Maybe some of you already know me from other wet-shaving forums. I use this same nickname.
Anyway, I was looking at a UK wet-shaving forum for a number of reasons.
First, as a Straight Razor user/collector/restorer, I admire your Sheffield razors. I have several made of that fine steel.
Second, I absolutely love some of your UK brands. Recently I got some samples if Penhaligon's and Castle Forbes and I was blown away! Superb! I also have C&E soaps, TOBS soaps. I'm always on the hunt for something intriguing!

Congratulations on the forum, I know this is just starting out, so I wish you all the best of luck and many years of happy "threading" (does this word exists?) :lol:

Take care

Leon

Welcome Leon
I am sure you will be able to find some tips and some trades here.

Ola Leon!

Vivi em Portugal para um ano e os meus pais moram fora de Lisboa.

The next time I visit my parents (or move back to Portugal) I will definitely check out the Portuguese shaving products. There is a good cream I've read. Any recommendations?

Rev-O said:
Greetings Portugal, our oldest and most consistent ally.

(Yup, no bad history at all ever between UK and Portugal. Fact.)

Hi.

Indeed. We are buddies for centuries.

A good Portuguese shaving cream? Right now, the «O Melhor» shaving cream is the best IMHO. In fact «O Melhor» translates to: «O» = «The» and «Melhor» = «Best». They are so right! ;)
Of course I've tried Musgo Real SC. Lovely stuff, but, OM is slightly better.

Rev-O said:
Greetings Portugal, our oldest and most consistent ally.
(Yup, no bad history at all ever between UK and Portugal. Fact.)

Not only that, but they fought alongside us against Napoleon and then against the Germans in WW1, and in WW2 they were "neutral" on our side.
By that I mean they allowed the Americans to build an airbase in the Azores thereby closing the hitherto "Azorez Air-gap" and affording atlantic convoys air-cover all the way.

SirPrize said:
Not only that, but they fought alongside us against Napoleon and then against the Germans in WW1, and in WW2 they were "neutral" on our side.

This year the French invasions are being remembered since they happened exactly 200 years ago. In my hometown, Porto, a memorial was built to remember how the French invaded the town from the North and headed South until the locals had nowhere to escape and in panic they fell into the river. This is remembered as the "river massacre". The place where it happened is right where a bridge was built in the late 1800's, curiously by a French architect who's name is Gustav Eiffel. :roll:

I can say that in WW1 my great-grandfather was in Paris fighting the Germans.

And in WW2 he was stationed in the Azores Islands. We chose to be neutral because our dictator at the time was too chicken to go to war.

Hi Leon hope that you have a great time on here. Its nice to hear about history. Im also a straight razor guy and do a bit of restoring I dont mind where the steel came from as long as its a good shaver. That sounds bad from a man that is born and raised in Sheffield.

Back
Top Bottom