Hello From...Nowhere

Greetings one and two/all,

Am new to the world of DE shaving, have recently purchased a Parker 91R, Pure Badger, T.O.B.S Sandalwood Cream & Soap as well as Feather Blades, Derby Blades, Israeli Personna Blades, Wilkinson Sword Blades as my starting set-up!

After years of being a slave to the Gillette ethos and always wanting a closer shave not getting it from a Fusion but knowing that I could get closer I've dived headlong into the world of DE razors, brushes and creams and am already struggling with a desire to purchase more creams, soaps, aftershaves, balms, etc. etc. - I've always been a bit of a scent junkie and am loving trying to match up soap scents, then an aftershave scent & then favourite aftershaves to smell like the most cock-sure John-Travolta-a-la-Saturday-Night-Fever I can. Oh, and the ridiculosuly close shave isn't bad either ;) , lol. Am still learning my technique with the DE and although I've only cut myself twice in a few shaves, I keep on going too close and breaking the skin, mainly because I get cocky and go against the grain with no lather on my face thinking I'll just 'touch-up' quickly, which ends up with me dragging a harsh blade across my barely lubricated face much to my own misfortune when it breaks the skin and I get lots of nice little blood spots.

Anywho, I'm waffling, if anyone has the time I would greatly appreciate any info. on samples that anyone could give me. I wil be shameless and say if it's free and available I would like it (shaving samples this is.... ;) )so any info. on free samples of creams, soaps, blades, etc. would be awesome & greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi X

Welcome. Two links for starters:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=111547656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail. ... =111547656</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html</a><!-- m -->

Hi FGRX, welcome to TSR! If you're nice to Cheese Dave and compliment him on his breasts he may well send you a small sample with lubricating properties. ;)

We're just one big happy family!! :?

Indeed nowhere is like nowhere else...sparse, wet, empty, wet, vacuate, wet & full of Welsh people.

No, if I thought you were all chicks my opening line would have been something along the lines of:

'Hey ladies, I've got a nice 6"/8" (dependent on temp. ;) lol ) straight here, hows about letting me unleash my cream all over your face and we'll get to work for a real 'close shave' in the Barbers Chair, 'oooh the leather just makes me giddy', I'll use some nice hard strokes and be careful with the whiskers around the lips.'

Now that I've utterly debased myself and set the tone quite possibly as low as can be, hello...

Pig Cat thanks for the tip...my, my aren't your breasts magnificent Dave. (is that the sort of compliment you mean?)

Fido thanks for the sites info. I'll check those out, just need to get me some samples and see what I like without breaking the bank (more than I've already done - what a stupid, stupid thought to think I'd save money switching from Fusions to DEs, pfft.) :D

Smell The Glove - Liking the name,just make's me want to watch Spinal Tap now.... 'Well it goes up to 11, it's one louder isn't it' '

'You put a *greased naked woman* on all fours with a dog collar around her neck, and a leash, and a man's arm extended out up to here, holding onto the leash, and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it. You don't find that offensive? You don't find that sexist? '

Nigel Tufnel: [on what he would do if he couldn't be a rock star] Well, I suppose I could, uh, work in a shop of some kind, or... or do, uh, freelance, uh, selling of some sort of, uh, product. You know...
Marty DiBergi: A salesman?
Nigel Tufnel: A salesman, like maybe in a, uh, haberdasher, or maybe like a, uh, um... a chapeau shop or something. You know, like, "Would you... what size do you wear, sir?" And then you answer me.
Marty DiBergi: Uh... seven and a quarter.
Nigel Tufnel: "I think we have that." See, something like that I could do.
Marty DiBergi: Yeah... you think you'd be happy doing something like-...
Nigel Tufnel: "No; we're all out. Do you wear black?" See, that sort of thing I think I could probably... muster up.
Marty DiBergi: Do you think you'd be happy doing that?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, I don't know - wh-wh-... what're the hours?

Hunnymonster - It's nice to be out of the den and into the room,lol....it's so bright in here... ;)

F.G.R.X said:
'Hey ladies, I've got a nice 6"/8" (dependent on temp. ;) lol ) straight here, hows about letting me unleash my cream all over your face and we'll get to work for a real 'close shave' in the Barbers Chair, 'oooh the leather just makes me giddy', I'll use some nice hard strokes and be careful with the whiskers around the lips.'

:? Looks like I've got competition. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom