Hello from Norway!

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I'm høvel at Badger & Blade, The Shave Den and Shave My Face too, but my only means of taking pictures is my mobile phone, so I think you might have me confused with someone else for the nice pictures part. But if you were thinking of me, thanks!

Høvel is the Norwegian word for razor, and it might be the same or similar in other languages as well (mainly thinking of Danish or Swedish here).
It's not terribly original, so someone else might use a similar name.

edit: Well technically a høvel is a plane (the tool), and barberhøvel is a razor, but I always use høvel for short.

høvel said:
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I'm høvel at Badger & Blade, The Shave Den and Shave My Face too, but my only means of taking pictures is my mobile phone, so I think you might have me confused with someone else for the nice pictures part. But if you were thinking of me, thanks!

Høvel is the Norwegian word for razor, and it might be the same or similar in other languages as well (mainly thinking of Danish or Swedish here).
It's not terribly original, so someone else might use a similar name.

edit: Well technically a høvel is a plane (the tool), and barberhøvel is a razor, but I always use høvel for short.

Danish: Barberhøvl
Swedish: Rakhyvel

Very similar, even with the short names, as both høvl(Danish) and Hyvel(Swedish) also refer to the plane tool.

Soon we will all be scandinavian :)

And a warm welcome to you Høvel, even though you where first :lol:

/Max

Yes, I have noticed there being a lot of Scandinavians around here. Yet another reason to stick around. :D
Thanks again, and I guess I should give you a warm welcome as well, mstrunck, seeing as how I'm of the 2010 vintage. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom