Hello from New York

Yup, a Yank!
But, born in Fishguard, Wales. Living in the U.S. continuously since about 5 years old.
A "wet" shaver since 15, when it was just referred to as plain old shaving, and removed a piece of my upper lip with my Dad's Gillette adjustable. Things have progressed since then, and the straight razor is now the "tool of choice."
I've been a member here for a time, but kept a low profile. I'm a member of a few other boards, but I like friendly places with little controversy..

I recognize a few names here already. Anyway, I hope y'all don't mind a Yank adding a few thoughts from time to time..

Regards to all,

Bill

Pig Cat said:
Welcome to TSR!

Well well, a Welshman living in New York. So you're really just a cosmopolitan version of our friend Flatfish. Sounds good to me. :D

I should have been a bit more specific. I'm not in New York City, but the State of New York. Coincidentally, Suffolk County.
There is quite a Welsh presence in upstate New York. Many settled in the communities around Remsen, and there is a group that gets together and researches the geneology from the past..

BTW, my cousin still lives in the rowhouse in Fishguard that I was born in... I hope to return home, and see it once more before pushin' up daisies myself! :lol:

Book the flight now! Book a hotel as well if you haven't seen cousin for ever and a day....or for ever. Lets of mossy hills to see in Wales, they almost rival Ireland's....just too many people walking up them. I've got nothing against people, just not on my hill.

Blyth Spirit said:
What ho blackntan?

:)

I know that "Black&Tan" can carry an unsavory connotation in certain parts of the U.K., so I'd like to make a point at the start...
I wish to offend no one!
Black&Tan is a mixture of Bass Ale and Guinness over here, but in my case it is a reference to my favored breed of dog, the Gordon Setter, which was originated at Castle Gordon in Scotland.

Yes, we had Welsh Corgis around the house when I was growing up... The Pembroke variety, but I always had a fondness for Setters.

At the moment, we also have an English Setter... for equal time!

Picture008Small.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

soapalchemist said:
Book the flight now! Book a hotel as well if you haven't seen cousin for ever and a day....or for ever. Lets of mossy hills to see in Wales, they almost rival Ireland's....just too many people walking up them. I've got nothing against people, just not on my hill.

I could stay with my cousin, Alan, and sleep in the same room I first drew breath in.

Alan is retired from the Royal Post. Some of my fondest memories are helping on his route out in the Gwaun Valley last time I was home... Picking wild mushrooms for Sunday Lamb and watching wildest horses.
A more beautiful place on God's green Earth does not exist!

Fido said:
Hi B&T

Friendly? Yes Free of controversy? Most of the time. We have our moments.

Fido, are you trying to start something up, again?

• Is this another one of your infamous wind-ups? The B&B mods might have been right in banning you, each of those times ...
        • Didn't you kill my bruvver?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Just kidding! :eek: :shock: :|
          • Just Ol' UH being 'wacky' in the far-too-freaking-early-morning on a Friday.[/list:u]

Hi & welcome Bill, I was all set to be mortally offended & start one of our notorious TSR life feuds because you don't have a Glen of Immal or an Irish Terrier to ensure all round celtic equality ..................... but that was before I realised that we've got an English Bull terrier ourselves. Sorry about your first shaving experience, here in Scotland we tend to be more legless than lipless.

JohnnyO. \ :)

Back
Top Bottom